• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sanctus Guide/FAQ

Nero101

Red Queen and Blue Rose
This is the Sanctus fights(both) help section.

Attack Section

How to avoid his attacks?

Both Missions:

Flame Currents: Jump then snatch and hack his bubbble.

Electric Shockwave: Jump,snatch,hack.

Probe Dash: Roll,snatch,hack.

Shield Regenerate: Jump away,snatch,hack.

Lightning Bolts: Wait for the Bolts,then jump away,snatch hack.

Fireballs: M11,run.M20,run below him,the jump,hack.

M11:

Savior Punch: You can roll,or you can Buster a moment after the fist tries to crush you.

M20:

Sparda slashes: Stay away from him.Then Streak.He will likely to perform a second slash when his health is lower than half.

Probe Assault: Jump,Air Hike.

Sparda Dashes: I highly reccomend to buster a moment after he dashes.It will boost your style like hell!I finished to battle him with an SSS one time by countering Sparda dashes!And probably deliver an awesome "Jackpot!".Or you can jump.

Please write your strategies below.Mine is written above:D!I always get an S on Human,DH,SOS with that strategy.

Hope this helps!If this is unuseful,you can delete it,I won't mind.I only written it because I saw lots of comments how hard Sanctus is.

;)

aka958

Don't trust people
I see no use of Caliber. Sometimes all you need to do is to jump and use Caliber. If a snatch is timed incorrectly then Sanctus will just dash backwards when you snatch him. Caliber is devestating against Sanctus and it is easy to just double jump towards Sanctus to gain the right altitude and use Caliber.

aka958

Don't trust people
You aim at the enemy, then you aim backwards of the analog stick then forward in a rapid movement and then the attack button. The same goes for shuffle.

aka958

Don't trust people
Calibur with a lvl 3 exceed is devestating. Same goes for Shuffle. They deal high damage and knock enemies real good. Calibur is like an aerial streak but... better. x)

Nero101

Red Queen and Blue Rose
Used it on Sanctus DH mode with EX 3.Wow.

But Roullete Spins are better,because Calibur didn't give me enough style points to S the mission.

aka958

Don't trust people
Nero101;259790 said:
Used it on Sanctus DH mode with EX 3.Wow.

But Roullete Spins are better,because Calibur didn't give me enough style points to S the mission.

How about not using the Buster move then? Calibur is a great way to approach, then you can use Roulette spin when you actually are next to Sanctus.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I found it was better not to panic, and have breaks between kicking the old mans butt.
OH and Holy Waters. (i got past caring)
I haven't picked it up since DH mode.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
On DH mode all I did was side roll to miss the fireballs, snatch to get closer to the bubble and then Roulette Spin and a lot of hacking and slashing to keep me airborne. Try an air-hike when he starts doing the lazer thing - whatever you do DON'T FALL DOWN!! Once you break the bubble (Blue Rose I found to be pretty much useless to penetrate the bubble, it's always Red Queen I use with Sanctus) snatch, snatch, SNATCH! Until you have him, and then you DB the crap out of him, and finish it off with a shot from Blue Rose.
I have to reiterate though, I do a LOT of dodging. I gotta stay alive because I never use the vitality stars. Or gold orbs. I restart the mission. Aye, I'm crazy, I know.

aka958

Don't trust people
I noticed when I started playing DMC4 for a short while again that Sanctus when he is out of his bubble gets staggered by a charge shot lvl 3. That is useful if you think he is only getting away, and so is Caliber too against him when he is out of his bubble as it's easier to hit him without him dashing backwards with it.

Top Bottom