• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

samurai dante,samurai virgil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoshi

I watch the anime called samurai X.
There are certain moves in the anime which i found relatively similar to the ones that dante and virgil have.

stinger(rebellion)- katatsu style -performed by sato of tyhe shinsen group.
jet stream (agni and rudra)-kaiten kempo rakooken style-perfromed by aoshi shinomori of the onee gang.
drive(rebellion)-riu sen(hidden mitsarookhi style)-performed by kenshin himura, batusai the slasher.
the horizontal sword cut that vergil performs(he says "die" when performing that move")
it is called "batu " technique.it is by mastering this move that kenshin himura got the name batusai.

If guys know any trivia about Devil May Cry,please share with me.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
Well these moves are casual to any master sword-weilder you'll ever see. The Stinger is pretty much just a high-powered thrust and the drive is only a shockwave created by the strength of the weapon. As for the other moves, I can't remember what they looked like so...I can't help you there.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
aoshi said:
I watch the anime called samurai X.
There are certain moves in the anime which i found relatively similar to the ones that dante and virgil have.

stinger(rebellion)- katatsu style -performed by sato of tyhe shinsen group.
jet stream (agni and rudra)-kaiten kempo rakooken style-perfromed by aoshi shinomori of the onee gang.
drive(rebellion)-riu sen(hidden mitsarookhi style)-performed by kenshin himura, batusai the slasher.
the horizontal sword cut that vergil performs(he says "die" when performing that move")
it is called "batu " technique.it is by mastering this move that kenshin himura got the name batusai.

If guys know any trivia about Devil May Cry,please share with me.
yeah, i know what you mean know that i think about it. though most of the moves you mentioned are done by many swordsmen through-out all of the samurai and weapon oriented fight shows/games, so it makes sense some would look similar

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1
well you cant use these techniques in real life because they are easy to doge and you will so have many weak pionts when you do that technique that an 5 kyo sword figther can kill you with just one strike so dont try to use it an every body ^^

aoshi

Kakashi said:
well you cant use these techniques in real life because they are easy to doge and you will so have many weak pionts when you do that technique that an 5 kyo sword figther can kill you with just one strike so dont try to use it an every body ^^

it also depends on how skillful the swordsman is in executing the moves.Of course there is a counter for every move.But it all depends on the swordsman.
i really like the "batu" technique.i cant think of dodge other than getting out of the way or jumping away.
a single sword slice that inflicts great damage.
i like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom