• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

S Ranking Issues?

FuumaMonou

Alright, I am having a huge problem S ranking a few missions.

I can't seem to S rank mission 13 or 14 on any difficulty. I've S ranked every other mission on Human and Devil Hunter mode with ease. I haven't gotten there in Son of Sparta mode (just started that today), though I've S ranked the 4 missions of played in that mode with ease (actually getting an S for all three categories on my first try).

Now, usually, I will get an S for Time, A for Style, and a B for Orbs. Now, sometimes I can get an A on Orbs, but still gives me an over all A rank.

Is there something I am missing? On the times I've gotten an A on Orbs, it was times that I was never hit once, destroyed all those seed things, going into the church (even when it is out of the way) and taking out the Combat Adjudicator. Also, I am really good with mixing up combos and taunting to get my Style Meter up.

It just seems like there aren't enough demons to kill to get it any higher. Or, is there a secret huge stash of Orbs to get that Orb ranking higher?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
there is some area which has secret red orbs location...but i am not sure myself...also,some devils will respawn in the same location you fight...also,the higher the stylish rank,the more red orbs gain...fighting boss with high stylish rank also provide a lot of red orbs...

aka958

Don't trust people
well it is easy to see how to get S rank you see when you finish a level then you see youre score above the rank?? you need 50 000 to get an S and the orbs are easy to get it is just to Destroy EVERYTHING breakable in the level

FuumaMonou

aka958;70014 said:
well it is easy to see how to get S rank you see when you finish a level then you see youre score above the rank?? you need 50 000 to get an S and the orbs are easy to get it is just to Destroy EVERYTHING breakable in the level

Actually, it wasn't that simple since I was already doing that. What I had to do was go back to certain areas after I killed the bad guys so I could go kill them again, and again, and again.

It was kind of stupid that even without getting hit, and taunting at the right times and pulling off great combos that I would have to go back and repeat one little area a couple times to get enough points to S rank the mission.

But I did it, and actually after that, I've S ranked all by one mission on SoS on my first try (and it wasn't mission 13 or 14 that I didn't on my first try).

Top Bottom