• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Film (Trailer)

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Kenshin fans rejoice...... Or whatever what it is you do. Could be fake. Could be real. I leave it up to you.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It is real but...

As a fan of the manga all I'm going to say is: You guys who create movies/anime/whatever. Give us the last story of the manga animated. It's the best story - better than Shishio, and better than the OVAs, not to mention the awful fillers - and you had ample opportunities.

Instead of that we get a new animated OVA and this movie. And there's talk to the manga being re-written during this summer. I know you try to milk fans but at least do so in a way we might appreciate it.

/rant

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
But does it need to be rebooted?

If its a spinoff or a sequel that would be fine.

"Need"? The story in the manga is as complete as it could be. But I don't think anything justifies a reboot. For me it's just an easy way to start something popular all over again to make more money, easily. Just look what they did with Dragonball Z. They made Dragonball Kai. As a fan I really like it and all, but other than that I don't think it was really necessary.

At the beginning I had heard it was to be a continuation of the story. Though I don't know how that would work as the way the story concludes kinda makes it hard to continue. Unless they change the main character.

Then I looked at wiki, trying to figure out what's the deal with Watsuki Nobuhiro's other creation, Embalming: Another tale of Frankenstein, and the first thing I read there is that it's currently on hiatus because, Watsuki will work on the reboot of RK.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Need"? The story in the manga is as complete as it could be. But I don't think anything justifies a reboot. For me it's just an easy way to start something popular all over again to make more money, easily. Just look what they did with Dragonball Z. They made Dragonball Kai. As a fan I really like it and all, but other than that I don't think it was really necessary.

At the beginning I had heard it was to be a continuation of the story. Though I don't know how that would work as the way the story concludes kinda makes it hard to continue. Unless they change the main character.

Then I looked at wiki, trying to figure out what's the deal with Watsuki Nobuhiro's other creation, Embalming: Another tale of Frankenstein, and the first thing I read there is that it's currently on hiatus because, Watsuki will work on the reboot of RK.

Well Kai is isnt a reboot, its just a special edition version of the anime without the filler.

Well introducing a different character to be the main should happen as it provides new storytelling oppurtunities. Maybe making it a spiritial sequel set in a different time would help.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It is real but...

As a fan of the manga all I'm going to say is: You guys who create movies/anime/whatever. Give us the last story of the manga animated. It's the best story - better than Shishio, and better than the OVAs, not to mention the awful fillers - and you had ample opportunities.

Instead of that we get a new animated OVA and this movie. And there's talk to the manga being re-written during this summer. I know you try to milk fans but at least do so in a way we might appreciate it.

/rant
Re write the manga?! Please tell me this ins't true.I'm a HUGE Rurouni Kenshin fan (I've got all the Viz Big Volumes) and we change what isn't broken? Kenshin vs Enishi was a epic final battle to a superb series. I'm excited about this movie thou.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
As I said before, my only source is the first lines here.

Though, yeah I totally agree with you SRS. The manga is already perfect.

Well Kai is isnt a reboot, its just a special edition version of the anime without the filler.

Well introducing a different character to be the main should happen as it provides new storytelling oppurtunities. Maybe making it a spiritial sequel set in a different time would help.

That would actually be nice. Maybe Kenshin's son or someone in the future. Or past. However since the word "reboot" was used, I'm fairly sure they'll stick to what already provided them with money and use Kenshin and the rest of the guys again, from the beginning. Maybe altered a bit. Like another version.

Kogarashi

~Devils Never Cry~
When he stopped RuroKen, he tried to start a big shounen, Busou Renkin, which was something like Fullmetal Alchemist. Unfortunately, the sales of the manga weren't good and he dropped it. Busou Renkin anime is a very good and interesting shounen but the fans expect something like RuroKen from Watsuki. Embalming is also an interesting manga, different from what we used to read from Watsuki but it can't attract many people to buy/read it.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
When he stopped RuroKen, he tried to start a big shounen, Busou Renkin, which was something like Fullmetal Alchemist. Unfortunately, the sales of the manga weren't good and he dropped it. Busou Renkin anime is a very good and interesting shounen but the fans expect something like RuroKen from Watsuki. Embalming is also an interesting manga, different from what we used to read from Watsuki but it can't attract many people to buy/read it.

I like Busou Renkin a lot actually. Both anime and the manga. I don't know what the fans' problem is. The only common thing about FMA is that they have the same concept: alchemy. Other than that, the way Watsuki handles alchemy in BR is totally different from Arakawa's in FMA. I like both for different reasons.

Embalming has an interesting concept too. But I guess the world is ruled by the One Piece/Bleach/Naruto fans.

I like his drawing especially. Rebooting Ruroken is a waste as the manga is already perfect in my eyes, and I don't see them creating a proper anime for it, so taking a step ahead and making a reboot manga of the story is kinda too much in my opinion. But I guess it's better that Watsuki does it, instead of someone else.

OniLink

Hero of Time
It's real and being the RuroKen fanboy that i am, i will see it just for the label. whether i like it or not is up to me, but i will respect the brand and attempt to like it

Top Bottom