• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil storyline

aka958

Don't trust people
I started resident evil 4 two months ago and completed two weeks ago, i started mainly because of the big talk about resident evil in this forum, shortly thereafter i bought Resident evil 5. I've seen two movies wich i don't remember very well and i've read the history of resident evil and most files in Resident evil 5.

For those who haven't played resident evil 5 i put the rest in here:
Albert wesker had something to do with all the resident evil games, now that he died in Resident evil 5, will the story continue further or is this the end of the series? I know there may be new games with parts of the story before, like Leon's and Krauser's story but will the story progress forward? Like after Wesker died?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198480 said:
I started resident evil 4 two months ago and completed two weeks ago, i started mainly because of the big talk about resident evil in this forum, shortly thereafter i bought Resident evil 5. I've seen two movies wich i don't remember very well and i've read the history of resident evil and most files in Resident evil 5.

For those who haven't played resident evil 5 i put the rest in here:
Albert wesker had something to do with all the resident evil games, now that he died in Resident evil 5, will the story continue further or is this the end of the series? I know there may be new games with parts of the story before, like Leon's and Krauser's story but will the story progress forward? Like after Wesker died?

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles has documented an operation called Operation Javier, where Leon works together with Krauser to capture a crime lord named Javier Hidalgo. Also, the game has retelling of Resident Evil 2 events and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X events from Leon's point of view. However, some parts of the retelling has some non-canon contents.

So far, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takuchi said in an interview that Resident Evil 6 could be a reboot of the series, however Capcom has not agreed to make the the game yet. If the game has been decided to release by Capcom, they said that it would take 4 to 8 years to make.

Too soon to tell if there will be any Resident Evil sequels in the future. However the upcoming Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition will contain two new episodes for Resident Evil 5, titled Lost In Nightmares and Desperate Escape. Lost In Nightmares will cover Chris and Jill's hunt for Spencer in the new Spencer Mansion, while Desperate Escape will cover Jill and Josh's adventure to help Chris and Sheva. The Gold Edition has several new costumes for Chris and Sheva for the main story, new costumes for The Mercenaries, as well as new character to use in the Mercenaries which is Josh Stone.

aka958

Don't trust people
Ohh, that answer some questions. But would it be the resident evil series later if they reboot of the series? The series isn't all about the characters but also the story, now that the most awesome main villain in the series is dead and would it be so good with a fresh start? Like the Prince of persia series, the new one does not feel like Prince of Persia at all.

Also the darkside chronicles ain't looking out to be a resident evil game, it is in First person which is going against the 3rd person view all the other resident evil games has.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198651 said:
Ohh, that answer some questions. But would it be the resident evil series later if they reboot of the series? The series isn't all about the characters but also the story, now that the most awesome main villain in the series is dead and would it be so good with a fresh start? Like the Prince of persia series, the new one does not feel like Prince of Persia at all.

Also the darkside chronicles ain't looking out to be a resident evil game, it is in First person which is going against the 3rd person view all the other resident evil games has.

Who knows, as far as I am concerned, the two main villains of RE Universe are already dead, so probably the new RE games will focus on other bioterrorism matters or something, because lots of Umbrella B.O.W.s and T-Virus are sold in the black market. Maybe the new game will focus on BSAA stopping the bioterrorism acts. But at last, anyone can speculate until a news about new Resident Evil game will be released.

RE: Darkside Chronicles are the same as RE: Umbrella Chronicles, both are rail shooter games. Some of RE fans are pleased with the two games since good old zombies are back. The two games are considered spin off of RE games, but some of the contents are considered canon, like:

(Click the spoilers if you don't mind.)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Beginnings (Train Derailment) - A scenario that covers Wesker's actions in Resident Evil Zero, his confrontation with Sergei Vladimir, and his fight with an Ivan.

Rebirth (Mansion Incident) - A scenario where Wesker revived after being killed by the Tyrant, and his escape from Arklay Mansion.

Death's Door (Raccoon's Destruction) - A scenario that covers Ada Wong's escape from the nuclear blast in Raccoon City.

Fourth Survivor (Raccoon's Destruction) - A scenario that covers HUNK escape from the nuclear blast in Raccoon City.

Umbrella's End (Umbrella's End) - A scenario where Chris and Jill infiltrating the Russian branch of Umbrella facilities, and successfully destroyed T-A.L.O.S, a Tyrant project conducted by Sergei Vladimir.

Dark Legacy (Umbrella's End) - A scenario that covers Wesker's attempt of stealing all of Umbrella data, and his fight against a mutated Sergei Vladimir.

The ending shows that Umbrella was found guilty on all charges about Raccoon City Incident, and a witness confessed that Ozwell E. Spencer is responsible for the whole thing, which makes him a wanted man globally. The ending also considered canon.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Operation Javier - The whole scenario is considered canon, with Manuela surviving in the end. The scenario features Leon and Krauser working together to capture Javier Hidalgo, a famous crime lord. The scenario also explains why did Krauser becomes evil and why he is fascinated with power.

aka958

Don't trust people
Hmm... I this feel that the First person view is a little odd for a resident evil game. Also if the game will continue with the bioterrorism wouldn't it be a lot of BSAA in it???
And something that i've been pondering about, what the hell does B.O.W mean?! They don't tell in RE4 or RE5, i know that it are those monsters you fight but still what does it stand for? Biochemical Organism Weapon or what is it???

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
B.O.W. (Bio Organic Weapon): Refers to all creatures created through INTENTIONAL exposure to the T or G Virus. Zombies, Crows and the like don't count, because the infection was accidental. Some B.O.W.'s are derived from certain infected creatures, such as the Ivies being "descendants" of Plant 42.

Hope that cleared anything up...

Also, does anyone else here want to see Willy B. (William Birkin) make a comeback? I know I do... Can you imagine what his mutations would be like on Xbox 360 or PS3? That would be DISGUSTING...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
DreadnoughtDT;198705 said:
B.O.W. (Bio Organic Weapon): Refers to all creatures created through INTENTIONAL exposure to the T or G Virus. Zombies, Crows and the like don't count, because the infection was accidental. Some B.O.W.'s are derived from certain infected creatures, such as the Ivies being "descendants" of Plant 42.

Hope that cleared anything up...

Also, does anyone else here want to see Willy B. (William Birkin) make a comeback? I know I do... Can you imagine what his mutations would be like on Xbox 360 or PS3? That would be DISGUSTING...

Well, I probably want to see him come back, but that will make his death for nothing in RE History. Seen some of his mutation in RE: Darkside Chronicles, and they are quite disgusting with nice graphics...

aka958

Don't trust people
I haven't seen William Birkin yet.
I now saw that RE4 and RE5 also are different than it's predeccesors in more than one way, it is a totally different system!
I'm gonna check on that William Birkin thing, RE bosses and B.O.W's are always cool looking, and thanks Dreadnought for helping me out :D High Five!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198833 said:
William seems epic, but still, Albert Wesker is my favorite antagonist, ever!

Yes. Albert Wesker is my favourite antagonist too, along with Krauser, Spencer and Salazar. :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Feh... I wasn't talking about overall coolness, I was just talking about the pure disgustingness factor. Even mutated, Wesker didn't disgust me OR scare me... William did. William is my favorite! :p

aka958

Don't trust people
William still seems epic in my opinion, he has five forms for one game, that is pretty epic and also i see none of the forms in any way disgusting except the last one.

Salazar rules! His little ****y attitude for being just 12 years old is amazing!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198918 said:
William still seems epic in my opinion, he has five forms for one game, that is pretty epic and also i see none of the forms in any way disgusting except the last one.

Salazar rules! His little ****y attitude for being just 12 years old is amazing!

yeah,. Dunno if he is 20 or 12 years old, but he looks old enough to be my elder brother. Plus, he is very short, so calling him kid can be insulting, and fun at the same time. :lol:

His bodyguards Verdugo are creepy as hell. Plus, it is bulletproof and really tough. Next to Regenerator and Iron Maiden, this are my top scariest monsters.

Got some mutated William Birkin (G) screens, look disgusting and scary to me, but not to everyone:

95878020090428screen008.jpg

95878020090702screen010.jpg

95878020090723screen006.jpg

A Licker screenshot. I am happy that it returns in RE5 and RE: Darkside Chronicles.

95878020090428screen014.jpg

aka958

Don't trust people
But he says himself that he is 12 years old, didn't you catch that when you played? Or are you saying he lied?

No pictures of his last form then? That is a little creepy but those looks like the regular enemies with one bigger shoulder and some details, not like an disgusting monster

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198929 said:
But he says himself that he is 12 years old, didn't you catch that when you played? Or are you saying he lied?

No pictures of his last form then? That is a little creepy but those looks like the regular enemies with one bigger shoulder and some details, not like an disgusting monster

I am pretty sure he claimed that he is 20 years old in a cutscene of him and Leon. If he was 20 years old, then he is the same age with Ashley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RmANTWCaQ

Watch between 3:50 - 4:00.

No, probably because the last form wasn't included in RE: Darkside Chronicles, or maybe the 4th form and 5th form considered spoilers or something.

Top Bottom