• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Revival Selection announced [Update]

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
RERS-Announced-Fami-RE4-RECV.jpg

Rumors of a new Resident Evil announcement have finally come to fruition. The latest issue of Famitsu includes a four-page spread on Resident Evil: Revival Selection for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Japanese blogs are reporting the game as a combination of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

That’s all we have, for now. Stay tuned. We’ll update this post as soon as new information releases or when the scans surface.

Update 10:43pm: A few additional details have surfaced. The full name of the game may actually be Resident Evil: Revival Selection HD Remastered Version. It’ll include remastered high-definition versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, but the games will feature no new elements. Resident Evil 4 includes Ada’s Another Order mode.

Thanks, Andriasang.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2011/03/resident-evil-revival-selection-announced

Depending on the price is, I might or not get it as it only includes two RE games.

Reanbell

Your very own star
Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

OH. MY. GOD. My favorite Resident Evil on the 360? I would just die of happiness, seriously. T_T RE in general is one of my favorite game series, so this is really exciting news to me. I hope it's true, and I hope it happens *soon*. I also loved RE4 despite it's difference from the other games. c:

Osaka

trollololol
Haven't played Code: Veronica in ages (need to find it again first since it's just one of the many games I shouldn't have sold :< ) and I still haven't got round to picking up 4, so I might just buy this and save the hassle.
but the games will feature no new elements
Well that's a bit disappointing.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I found this on a the metro website and was gonna post anyway. I must also apologise for my rubbish use of the 'copy and paste'. I just can't get used to it on the new forum layout

Resident Evil 4 and Code: Veronica to get HD remakes

Capcom is planning HD remakes of Resident Evil 4 and Code: Veronica for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 - with both games already confirmed for release in Japan.

News of the updates first emerged from the pages of Japanese games mag Famitsu, with Capcom Europe confirming to GameCentral that the game will be released as a boxed retail title in Japan - rather than as the download(s) you might have expected.
There's no word on a Western release, but Capcom has promised us that, 'we should have some good news for the Resi fans soon'.
There's not much information to go on, but according to website Andriasang it seems that Biohazard: Revival Selection (Biohazard being the Japanese name for Resident Evil) will include tarted up version of both games.
Resident Evil 4 was originally released on the GameCube in 2005 and was rightly hailed as one of the best games ever made. It also saw a major revamp for the series, becoming a faster-paced action adventure rather than the more ponderous survival horror originals.
The game was subsequently ported to the PlayStation 2 and Wii, picking up additional content and extras along the way. Famitsu has confirmed that Ada's Separate Ways side mission (aka Another Order mode) will be included in the HD remake.
Code: Veronica was first released in 2000 on the Dreamcast and was originally intended to be known simply as Resident Evil 3. But after Sony put pressure on Capcom the PS one game now known as Resident Evil 3 had its status boosted from side story to official sequel.
Later ported to both the PlayStation 2 and GameCube, again picking up extra content as it went, Code: Veronica was the first Resident Evil game to feature real-time, rather than pre-rendered, backdrops - although it still stuck with the traditional fixed camera perspectives.
In other Resident Evil news 3DS game The Mercenaries 3D has been given a Japanese release date of 2nd June, with a Western release probably following quite soon after.

I

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hmm. I've got both of these games on the shelf, but I'll stay tuned for the remastered CVX. It looks pretty awful on a HD TV...

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
This is awesome news, but I personally would of preferred 2 and 3, I loved it in Raccoon City! but i will still purchase these two classics, hopefully this will start Capcom on other HD remakes *cough* DMC *cough

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm with Spawny, <3 2 and 3. And Remake. I wasn't a huge fan of CV:X... although I will say it feels more like "Resident Evil" to me than RE4 or 5. Don't get me wrong, I love RE4 and I love its controls, but felt it was a step away from what made Resi Evil what it was. But RE5 bored me to death. It wasn't frightening any more, doesn't feel like survival horror to me, broad daylight and forced co-op. Blargh! /boohiss

If they did this for DMC I think I'd diegasm.

SpawnShooter

@Lexy I totaly agree, I enjoyed 4 as a standalone but 5!?! come on! I hated whats happened to Wesker over the years and if you havn't played 5 skip to the next paragraph cause I dont know how to use spoilers, so I'll make this sentence as long winded as possible, trah, lah, lah la la trah but zombies with guns!? I know they wern't technically zombies, but I dont care! they're generic bad guys in a resi titled game, I'm gonna call them zombies! and what ever happened to a good ol' T or G virus enemy, you know with guts an slime and third eyes and sh**t popin up all over the place? man I miss those sorry I needed to get that off my chest. :(

Anyway *phew* I always considered CV to be the true Resi 4, in timeline and style but a HD remake of the official 4 will be very cool

"Check this out................whaddya buyin?"
*snickers*
"I heard that in game once"
:cool:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
RE5 did seem to lack something precious. And the monsters you fight - well they just recycled a bunch from other games and filled in the gaps with worms worms worms... sigh. I was disappointed with it - the only thing I ended up playing it for was Mercenaries. Wesker going all Matrix is CV:X's fault though... =P

Did you know the Dreamcast version of the cutscene with Wesker and Alexia in CV:X was different? She smacks him around like a rag doll. Personally I preferred that version. =D Here it is:

*spoiler for those who haven't played CV:X >:O*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0TO7E6owU

But everyone seems to love the PS version more, including the developers who went on to make Wesker into Neo. Ho well.

SpawnShooter

^I didnt actually play CV:X until recently but pre-ordered CV back in the day on the dreamcast, I used to love them, they scared the hell outta me, well only the first TBH, I just like the rest cause of the monsters but I also didnt like the bit with Claire and Wesker, its funny though back when I played it the first time I got well emotional about Steve, when I played X recently, I thought, what a douche! XD

I've heard some of the spin off games are supposed to be quite good (I dont mean gun survivor) I never tried thm though, I see a lot of people ask for those to be remade, so im quit surprised with these two titles TBH, maybe its to help fill in Weskers story for anyone new to the series.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^I didnt actually play CV:X until recently but pre-ordered CV back in the day on the dreamcast, I used to love them, they scared the hell outta me, well only the first TBH, I just like the rest cause of the monsters but I also didnt like the bit with Claire and Wesker, its funny though back when I played it the first time I got well emotional about Steve, when I played X recently, I thought, what a douche! XD

Steve is always good for a LOL. XD So's Alfred, but I kinda like Alfred. And Alexia.

I've heard some of the spin off games are supposed to be quite good (I dont mean gun survivor) I never tried thm though, I see a lot of people ask for those to be remade, so im quit surprised with these two titles TBH, maybe its to help fill in Weskers story for anyone new to the series.
You mean like Outbreak / Outbreak File 2 and Dead Aim? I never played DA, but the Outbreaks are kinda fun. The novelty of a variety of shorter scenarios exploring earlier in the Raccoon City disaster timeline is cool, but I seriously suck at them - always get infected unless I use that chick who can duck or barge the zombies out of the way. Yeah, I think they would have made better candidates for something like this, and those games creep me out properly, like they should do.

Shame they never gave us online servers here for it, or if they did I missed them.

Top Bottom