• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[REQUEST] WE HATE COLOURED ENEMIES

Infernyx

Seriously, does anyone think these things were a good idea?

It seems like a poor design choice to put these restrictive enemies in an otherwise perfectly free-flowing combat system - they're not fun to kill because you end up spamming the same attacks against them because you just want them to DIE ALREADY

Vile fiends, away with you!

Some suggestions for what will improve the experience of fighting these enemies:

i) Remove their immunity to weapon types (all weapons can stun, interrupt and damage them) - probably the most popular choice here

Valcorn suggested in another thread something that I think others would enjoy as well:

* colored enemies can be attacked with any weapon BUT, the opposite color deals 150% damage, human weapons normal damage (100%) and the same color deals only 50% damage, that's giving some sense to NT's system

ii) Replace the spawn waves of these enemies with their regular counterparts

Hell Knight/Frost Knight = Death Knight

Ghost Rage/Blood Rage = Rage

Feel free to post your suggestions, below etc

Seriously hope someone can do this - Good luck!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Not entirely sure if this is out of the scope of what's possible right now, but I'll wager that a proper, experienced DmC modder will be able to better address your question. If it is possible, though, I'd certainly love to see a mod like this released, pronto!

It may be possible if someone can trick the game into thinking you're in DT mode since DT lets you use any weapon on them.

Seriously, does anyone think these things were a good idea?

It seems like a poor design choice to put these restrictive enemies in an otherwise perfectly free-flowing combat system - they're not fun to kill because you end up spamming the same attacks against them because you just want them to DIE ALREADY

Vile fiends, away with you!

Some suggestions for what will improve the experience of fighting these enemies:

i) Remove their immunity to weapon types (all weapons can stun, interrupt and damage them) - probably the most popular choice here

Valcorn suggested in another thread something that I think others would enjoy as well:

ii) Replace the spawn waves of these enemies with their regular counterparts

Hell Knight/Frost Knight = Death Knight

Ghost Rage/Blood Rage = Rage

Feel free to post your suggestions, below etc

Seriously hope someone can do this - Good luck!

It would be possible once someone with knowledge gets involved but I love the coloured enemies, they force you to use all of the weapons and not just one or two.

Infernyx

I understand what you meant, but I disagree - coloured enemies literally force you to use one or two weapons only

I already use all of the weapons, every weapon has its use for every situation, whether it be for practical or aesthetic purposes

Mixing and experimenting is fun, being able to use any weapon you want given the situation and having access to everything on the fly is fun, being forced to use only two weapons (with limited combos; demon weapons don't even have air combos!) is not fun

Coloured enemies feel like a step backward in the design philosophy of this game, not a step forward

Top Bottom