• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Request: Vergil Model Swap - Playable boss vergil

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if it's possible for someone to swap Vergil's model with dante and replace all his animations and attacks,since they are all in the game.The game runs on Unreal Engine 3,which as I've heard is one of the easier to mod.

I know that Vergil's downfall dlc will be released with vergil playable so don't post those comments.I'm talking about boss vergil and his moves,and before the dlc is out.

Bubbleberry

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if it's possible for someone to swap Vergil's model with dante and replace all his animations and attacks,since they are all in the game.The game runs on Unreal Engine 3,which as I've heard is one of the easier to mod.

I know that Vergil's downfall dlc will be released with vergil playable so don't post those comments.I'm talking about boss vergil and his moves,and before the dlc is out.

Sounds tough, if not impossible. At least with what we know about the files and modding this game.

SamuraiGuy

Someone already tried to do it purely for aesthetic reasons (i.e. still Dante's animations) but was unsuccessful. As said before, the game packs its files into UPK folders which can be unpacked but become corrupted when attempting to repack. Until we find a way to get around that, there will be no model swapping or changing at all. That's why modding so far has been limited to just Texmod retextures.

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
Someone already tried to do it purely for aesthetic reasons (i.e. still Dante's animations) but was unsuccessful. As said before, the game packs its files into UPK folders which can be unpacked but become corrupted when attempting to repack. Until we find a way to get around that, there will be no model swapping or changing at all. That's why modding so far has been limited to just Texmod retextures.
Sad to hear that..... :(

Top Bottom