• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Request for a plain foolishness forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxotic

I would like to ask for a forum made just for fun that would not increase post count, but for some fun. The General discussion form is not enough in some cases, so I'm requesting a forum be made just for those who want to have some fun. No post count should be with the forum because of possible spam. This Specific forum could have topics with 1337 (an internet language that involves using letters and symbols such as leet being 1337 and the word 'are' being 4(a)12(r)3(e)) and it could possibly help prevent spam from coming onto the normal forums since there is alot of spam and foolishness (foolishness being me at times >_> )

I would hope for this request to be considered because it could help reduce spam in some forums and have fun with others in another. It could be a simple sub-forum like the bloody palace forum.

I would like to hear the opinion of some of the other members and then devilmaycry or Dark Drakan.

I would like to thank anyone reading this for taking a simple moment of their time for reading. Thanks
<3

|>34[3 0|_|7 y411
Peace out yall
:)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well, I'm not Dark Drakan or devilmaycry ;) but I can confidently say that I shall create you said forum but in the General Discussion area (as that is where most people go for general chat anyway).

It's a good idea and one we have implemented on other forums - and yes, post count shall not be added to in this section.

But before I make it, can we have some ideas as to what people would like it to be called?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Hmmm... To keep with the DMC theme (like bloody palace) how about The Lion
(from DMC1 also making it sound like a pub) or maybe Ghost Ship, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, soz.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
»_")^Nexon^("_«;21069 said:
I would like to ask for a forum made just for fun that would not increase post count, but for some fun. The General discussion form is not enough in some cases, so I'm requesting a forum be made just for those who want to have some fun. No post count should be with the forum because of possible spam. This Specific forum could have topics with 1337 (an internet language that involves using letters and symbols such as leet being 1337 and the word 'are' being 4(a)12(r)3(e)) and it could possibly help prevent spam from coming onto the normal forums since there is alot of spam and foolishness (foolishness being me at times >_> )

I would hope for this request to be considered because it could help reduce spam in some forums and have fun with others in another. It could be a simple sub-forum like the bloody palace forum.

I would like to hear the opinion of some of the other members and then devilmaycry or Dark Drakan.

I would like to thank anyone reading this for taking a simple moment of their time for reading. Thanks
<3

|>34[3 0|_|7 y411
Peace out yall
:)
Seen it on alot of forums and it is a waste of time. Everyone ignores the real forum to go to spam area, and when they realise their post count is not increasing they igore he forum and post somewhere else.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well, it can depend all on the type of people who post as well - on other forums I help run, this is a good idea because it stops us having to keep deleting posts and threads because they are utterly pointless and take the discussion off topic. This way, there is no real incentive to post in the area because their post count won't increase so it will encourage them to go elsewhere. Plus, it is a good place for new people to come along and get more of a feel for the community before diving into a discussion thread in the main forums and not knowing what people are like.

If people really do just join to spam then they are in the wrong forum anyway - why come to a devilmaycry site to talk about fluffy kittens? You'd come to talk about Dante and Vergil and all that other stuff. Genuine fans will post in the discussion areas too.

The place is now open, under the name of Mallet Island, and you can find it as a sub forum under General Discussion. :D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Exactly - and do we want people who are just spammers to join these forums? No, we don't. We want devilmaycry fans to discuss and debate about the game...and that is what we have. Besides, Mallet Island is just a place to kick back and be a bit silly, really. The usual rules apply and it's just an opportunity to have fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom