• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

relevent info between Bayonette and DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
I was doing a bit of reading, and i found out that Enzo from Bayonette actually makes an appearance in the Japanese, Devil May Cry manga. This apparently takes place in between 3 and 1 (chronological order via 3,1,4,2.) Enzo is a contact that Dante uses before the contact in the Anime series. Also I replayed Bayonette for fun. In the beginning when Bayonette and Enzo is standing over a grave. near the end of the level, he emphasized on, freaks, dealing with the super natural. he maybe was talking about baldy, and bayonette. But there is also a slight chance he was also referring to Dante. Which once again raises my question. Will there be a game envolving both Bayonette and Dante.

Vampi

You do realize that Bayonetta is owned by Sega and DMC is owned by Capcom. Two different companies that are pretty much rivals now for the Stylish Action Adventure genre.

And no they won't ever meet. Unless there's a Capcom vs Sega fighting game or whatnot they'll won't be.

Besides, Bayo and Dante are in two different universes. The reason Kamiya put so much references about DMC was because he was the former director to DMC and wanted to pay homage a lil. Doesn't mean that the Enzo in Bayo is the Enzo in DMC, even though they're similiar in there interpretations of it.

And also...i wouldn't want Bayo and Dante to meet. Let them stay in their respective worlds.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
And a strange piece of info : it seems that Kamiya is ful on for Netta to win the match against Dante.When asked which one was stronger[a match between his Dante from DMC1 and Bayonetta],he claimed that :

"Bayonetta would win quite easilly!"

What's with that,mr.Kamiya?Doing favours for the "daughter"?;)Or is it you never liked Dante?:p

Vampi

Maybe its because he's trying to garner favoritism for his new game that he wants to see succeed.

I would say it like this

Logical: Dante is a half demon he would obliterate Bayonetta

Illogical Kamiya Fanboyism: Bayonetta is a witch (witches don't have guns strapped to their high heeled shoes and don't summon monsters from there hair). But since in the game she's really overpowered for no apparent reason (even if the reason is actual stupidity) she would beat Dante hands down.

So there. Kamiya got burned by DMC cause of Capcom. And now he's in love with his "perfect girl" (he actually said Bayo is his dream girl). So of course any person who molds there ideal woman is always gonna root for that person. No matter how nightmarish she looks and how annoying she is.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought it was homage to DMC including an unimportant character called "Enzo", but man, was he annoying. Thankfully you don't actually have to see him in the DMC games if that is supposed to be the same person.

(If he was, you know he would bug the crap out of Dante because he won't STFU).

Vampi

Uh...wrote should be used very lightly for Bayonetta since that games story is so confusing and absurd. And it doesn't matter if Hideki Kamiya "wrote" it. He no longer works at Capcom, and thus Capcom own the DMC franchise not Kamiya. So no matter how much you wish for Dante and Bayo to meet, they won't. Unless its a Capcom vs Sega game i really doubt you'll see the two together in the same game. So i think its just a Fanboy dream that'll never come to fruition.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^and fangirl dream. I would buy a Dante vs Bayonetta game in a heartbeat - it could only be good! And lol-worthy :D Since playing Bayonetta the idea of them doing a crossover has been growing inside my little head - I mean, could you imagine the banter that would come from such a game? Not to mention the totally insanely wicked fights! *squee*

I think Dante and Bayonetta are a match made in heaven (or hell, whichever) I figured if fans make Eva out to be this awesome devil huntress and sorceress to be a good match for Sparda, then why not hook up Bayonetta and Dante? Anyway!

Back on topic: Enzo is the informant from the DMC manga and the novels. Even though his character is pretty...seedy... I was completely bowled over by him in Bayonetta. They portrayed him exactly - and I do mean EXACTLY - the way I perceived his character in the DMC realm. So to me, he's one and the same, and because he was never used in the games, Hideki obviously had every right to implement his character from the DMC universe into his Bayonetta one. Everything DMC-related gamewise - Capcom copyright. Everything NOT in the games - Kamiya copyright.

And I'm with him. Bayonetta would beat Dante. But since this isn't a versus thread and I don't mean for the discussions to head down that way, I'll take my leave ^_^

Vampi

I would be curious, but then again Bayo and Dante are kinda annoying.

Also i don't think Bayo would be that into Dante as everyone thinks. She would find him annoying and probably slap the taste out of his mouth. And I'm sure Dante would flirt with Bayo, but he would't fall in love wit her or anything. He would treat her like a Booty Call, nothing more, nothing less.

Their banter wouldn't be that funny. Honestly, it would be stupid and lame. The cheese factor would go through the roof and i would just roll my eyes on everything.

I would be curious if they ever did do a crossover. But i want it more like a cameo then just them being together entirely in a game.

I think Lady will always be Dante's best match. Even though i would like him with Lucia. But Lady is Dante's best match for him.

And i don't think Eva is a Sorceress or Devil Hunter or anything like that. I think she was a good person and Sparda saw that in her and they fell in love or whatever.

I found Enzo and Rodin so funny. I really like those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom