• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relation between sol and ky (guilty gear)

aka958

Don't trust people
Why are they fighting all the time? Why is it that those two have their own theme when fighting each others?
What are their conflict? Why do they fight?
Could you help me out with these questions?
(I've only played the first guilty gear on PSX and never completed it) and i don't mind if you spoil anything, maybe if you tell how the conflict will end.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's because Sol is hunted by the "Order",the organisation Ky belongs.Ky is just devoted to his cause and ideals and hunts Sol.However they both slowly develop this to a rivalry and go deeper in the mess they are in and along with the player we discover Sol's past,the truth about the "Order" and the Gears.

That's all without spoiling it.Trust me,the story is priceless.If you can't play the games to understand the story,you can go to wiki or at another site[forgot the name] to find more but with spoilers.

Also the "conflict" still has ways to go.You will be surprised with Guilty Gear 2 and *hopes* for an upcoming 3,once Arc Systems Work satisfies BlazBlue fans and have Ishiwatari Daisuke focus completely on Guilty Gear.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sorry for the random post - I don't know much about Sol and Ky, but I LOVE Guilty Gear - I haven't played it for ages. I loved Dizzy....oooh and Faust! Faust was so creepy, but cool!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
For me,it's the best 2D-Fighting Game series,ever.But seeing that it has moved to being more than that,it makes me super happy.I hope that when both BlazBlue and Guilty Gear finish we can see at least two different crossover types.[One would be 2D fighting,the otehr...hehehehehe]

I've got to say,the only character I don't like is Venom...and that creep doctor.

aka958

Don't trust people
That creep doctor is DR.Baldhead? He is pretty fun to fight against but not to play as. I play as Ky and only Ky, can't use the other ones controls and styles. Also I've only played the original of the originals that is downloadable in the PSN store.
Ky has a different stance when fighting against Sol and Sol is always at stage 8 (the stage before the bosses) when playing as Ky.

Also, The Holy Orders FTW!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Dr.Baldhead wears a paperbag in later games[or did he from the first game?Don't remember] and changes his name to renounce his past.

aka958

Don't trust people
He, he does but only in later games. Then he is known as Faust, but in the original hes just a really tall doctor who is freaking nuts.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I lovedFaust (I only Played GGXand GGX2) I thought he was such an interesting character, lol!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sorry to clog this thread up going on about how awesome Faust is, but I just found this fan art wallpaper I created years ago (about 2003!) and thought I'd share it with you guys - whats not to love about a crazy doctor with a giant scalpel and a paper bag on his head?

Faust_rules.jpg

:cool:

aka958

Don't trust people
There is nothing not to love, just a lot of things to love. That is awesome, did you have it as a desktop background for a while?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks :) Yes I did, but I can't find the hi-res version these days. Nevermind I just wanted to share how fabulous Faust is with you :)

Top Bottom