• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

REJOICE!!! MICROSOFT puts "always online" and the used game garbage in the trash!!!!

What do you think?

• YES!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • NO, MY DMR!!!!!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
YES YES YES YES.

Just when I thought that the xbox One was a lost cause, they swooped in and saved the day! the DMR bull is GONE. The used game nonsense is GONE. Words cannot describe just how happy I am. When you've always owned an xbox and have been loyal for such a long time, this is a godsend.

What do you guys think? Has this changed your opinions and has this restored your faith in MS!?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You know, I heard from moviebob (a.k.a. gameoverthinker) that Microsoft put all that DRM crap on their console simply because they saw videogame collapse coming like the one in 1983.

http://blip.tv/gameoverthinker/atgo-episode-85-refl3ctions-aka-e3-2013-show-6605774

It was only after their preorders went down and the public backlash did they change their policy.

Will a crash come? Almost certainly.

I feel bad for both Nintendo and Sony. They probably see a crash coming as well, but can't really do anything about it because gamers will complain.

This isn't to say that "it's the gamers fault". No, no, no. I'm very glad that we fought back and the DRM was taken down. I think that there just may be another way to prepare for the videogame crash that's coming. The DRM "solution" definitely wasn't the right answer -- not for MS, nor for anyone else.

Off-topic:

Here's a couple of things that will help you keep your privacy...

A private search engine (that claims to be just as good as google but with none of the spying)

https://duckduckgo.com/

And private chat:

https://crypto.cat/

It's kind of related to the topic at hand because Kinect will still have to be on all the time and will still most likely spy on you by recording everything you say.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It's kind of related to the topic at hand because Kinect will still have to be on all the time and will still most likely spy on you by recording everything you say.

I do believe, around E3, Microsoft announced that you can pause or turn off the Kinect. It just has to be plugged in. *could be wrong, but remembers reading that* As long as it's not glued on top of the console, you could probably even make the Kinect face away from you, even if it IS always on (which means now might be a good time to learn some kind of fantasy language so they can't listen to you).

On topic:
Yay for used games! Yay for offline gaming!

BLACKSWIPE

I'm actually sort of happy that MS actually had it within themselves to actually listen to feedback. And I'm probably going to be looked at weirdly for typing this,but:

"What if we were all just hamsters within a giant social consumer experiment? What if this was just something to see if we were ready for their idea of a digital future, or what if our feedback was just information that MS plans on using to predict when it would be socially acceptable to implement these sorts of things into a gaming console!?"

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'm still gonna get a PS4 first, but if the Xbox One behaves itself for a year or so, then maybe I'll get one.

Martius

SSSmokin!
What do you guys think? Has this changed your opinions and has this restored your faith in MS!?
No, i am sure they still have some dirty trick hidden, just not so obvious. Specially after that glorious "share your games with family members" turns out to be at best 1 hour demo.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They shouldn't have done this bullsh!t in the first place. They just realized that they can't just take try to dominate their consumer base and expect a lot of people to roll with it. Honestly I'm surprised these policies were reversed considering how much time they spent trying to justify their actions and that pr!ck who runs Xbox saying that the people who don't have a robust internet connection would just have to stick with the 360.

It's still not a gaming dominate console and also that creepy freaking Kinect is still gonna be there. It's not like there's any new or interesting games to get excited about. Call of Duty Dog and Master Chief in a tattered jedi robe (why is he wearing a freaking robe?) Whooptie f*cking doo,

The Xbox One now in a nutshell.
*at a restaurant*

Me "Waiter, give me a burger."
*hands me a burger covered in toenail clippings.*
Me "I'm not going to eat this."
*the waiter scraps off the toenail clippings in front of me*
Waiter "Better?"
Me ".............no...."

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
The damage is already done and I don't entirely trust them to hold their word on it since scrapping DRM and required Internet forces them to change the Xbones infrastructure they were bragging about so much.

I won't trust Microsoft just yet with my money. PS4 is still my prefered console.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Microsoft may have stopped the bleeding but do they have enough blood left?

I'm still not interested in the X1 because they can turn on all those DRM crap with a simple mandatory update.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's good to see that they have changed their plans, however, they had no choice. It was either make a change, or risk people not buying the console. They did it to protect their sales...but I think the damage has already been done considering the strong negative reaction towards the terrible Microsoft PR and console features.

I hope they have learned their lesson and will take consumer opinions into consideration. Microsoft should remember that consumers do have power and will not stand for being dictated to by a company.

I'm still waiting to see what will happen a few months- maybe a year- after the console is in the shops...maybe they will introduce an update that forces people to restrict used games and bring back the always online feature.

BLACKSWIPE

I bet i'm so alone on this but....
Does anyone have some sort of games they're excited for that will be released for X1?:

1. Killer Instinct
2. Halo
3. Crimson Dragon
4. Quantum Break (or whatever it's called)

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I bet i'm so alone on this but....
Does anyone have some sort of games they're excited for that will be released for X1?:

1. Killer Instinct
2. Halo
3. Crimson Dragon
4. Quantum Break (or whatever it's called)

I do! Though they haven't announced any of the games I'm excited for. =(

Top Bottom