• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reimagining Lucia

DarkSlayerVergil

How would you all give Lucia a second chance?

Plus who would you have her be voiced by?
Since we don't know if they're replacing 2 with 5 or if 5s another prequel determines a lot for Lucia. If it's the former than Lucia could be introduced into the story (hopefully as a playable character) and if it's the latter then Lucia at best would make a cameo (hopefully still playable though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Just have her pop up in 5 as a cameo. If people respond use her more.

If the game is set after 2, acknowledge it happened. If its set before, have her pop up asking for help/advice.

If the game is non-canon, just have her pop up anyway but keep her background vague.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you reimagine Lucia?

The new DB Super movie with Broly is coming soon reimagined in canon.

I hope DMC2 is non-canon.

DarkSlayerVergil

From the looks of DMCV they're taking bits and pieces from every other DMC title including the reboot and 2 with Dantes design. Also at this Point we'd have to presume 2 is non-canon since many things in 5 seems to be already contradicting 2 anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

She reminds me of the singer Rihanna so I might redesign Dumary Island with a Carribean aesthethic.

If DMC2 is non-canon I'd remake the game and reconcieve it with a different character taking Dante's place. I'm leaning more towards Lady/Trish.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
She reminds me of the singer Rihanna so I might redesign Dumary Island with a Carribean aesthethic.

If DMC2 is non-canon I'd remake the game and reconcieve it with a different character taking Dante's place. I'm leaning more towards Lady/Trish.

That would work somehow.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You would have to rethink her background but most of it works. I think the problem bits are her connection to Arius which gets muddled in the game. As well as it could be seen as a rethread of Trish but maybe you could them foils for each other?

DarkSlayerVergil

You would have to rethink her background but most of it works. I think the problem bits are her connection to Arius which gets muddled in the game. As well as it could be seen as a rethread of Trish but maybe you could them foils for each other?
They could have her be a human who was forcibly turned demon through experiments and her sub-plot could be her struggling with her humanity and if she could be even considered a real human anymore.

windleopard

Since the reboot, I've been thinking of Lucia being reimagined as an angel-human hybrid. A manga starring Vergil indicates that angels do exist in the DMC universe and Lucia's demon form looks more angelic than demonic. Argosax could be reimagined as a fallen angel as well. I'd also have some connections between 2 and 4, like maybe Arius was a member of the Order of the Sword before leaving to pursue his own goals.

That could work.

windleopard

How about her moveset and personality? That includes weaponry.

I'd keep her personality more or less the same with some emphasis on how she views her duty. Her weapons and fighting style would be the same as her debut with the wall jump and a double jump feature. Maybe include some elements from the Trickster and Quicksilver styles. She could have air manipulation abilities in Devil Trigger form.

Top Bottom