• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rebellion?

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
Don't know if anyone else noticed this.

In DMC3 When Vergil impales Dante with Rebellion his blood fuses with the sword causing the skull's mouth to open, yet in DMC4 The skull's mouth is actually closed

Only just noticed this, I don't know if it was intended or not but just a little something that got my attention

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The skull's mouth is closed on one side, but it's open on the other one. For example you can see it's open in this picture.

devil-may-cry-4-wallpaper-nero-vs-dante.jpg

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
Another Quick Question, Could you clear up the sword's for me, Which one open's the underworld, Which one closes it, Which sword is the manifestation of Dante's true power etc
It's somewhat confusing to me :blink:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Another Quick Question, Could you clear up the sword's for me, Which one open's the underworld, Which one closes it, Which sword is the manifestation of Dante's true power etc
It's somewhat confusing to me :blink:
Yamato opens and closes the Hellgate. Rebellion is the manifestation of Dante's true power (despite the fact that it is probably older than he is.)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yamato was a demon forged katana that Sparda used to kill demons. I think he got it after sealing his power. Yamato has the power to open the gates of hell. Not sure if in only fortuna or every hell gate. There are two versions of Yamato
DMC1 Yamato (early design)
images

and DMC3 and DMC4 Yamato
images

If Vergil makes an appearance in DmC, then Yamato will probably look different.

Now Sparda's sword, the Force Edge, is Sparda's most powerful sword, and it carrys his power after he sealed the hell gates with it. Whoever possesses it can gain his demonic power. There are two versions of it;

It's sealed form (Force edge) and it's true form (Sparda)
images

Nero's sword Red queen, has no special perpuse, however, it is a unique sword that has a motorcycle engine on it that makes the blade ignite and more stronger.
images

And then there's Rebellion. It was given to Sparda I think after he sealed his power. It was more of a sword he used for a handicap compared to Yamato, and it made fighting demons I guess more harder. There are 4 versions of Rebellion

DMC3
Z

DMC4
images

DMC2
images

And DmC
images

Out of all these swords, Rebellion is the most sword that has no real special purpose or no special uniqueness. Red queen ignites the blade, Yamato can cut through anything and can open the hell gate, Sparda (Force edge) has all of Sparda's power in it, but Rebellion is just a magic blade.

Top Bottom