• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Real Quick Question

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, I know DMC1 will allow you to take your upgrades to higher difficulties, but does it do so for every single one? As in can I start the game on, like, Easy, and then play through Normal, Hard, etc, with more and more of the upgrades I acquire?

Or does it only start on Normal?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
On the contrary - dying several times will have the game ask if you wanna try a lower difficulty :tongue:

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Nope, TWOxACROSS, if you play on easy automatic, the game will always dump you at another easy automatic run. But with Normal mode you can carry your moves, devil arms, health and runes to the next difficulty setting.

And, btw, the game is pretty "static" in that sense, different from DMC3 where you always can access whatever level you've previously completed in any difficult, DMC1 will make you run all the game again just to get that secret mission ou that blue orb you missed. It's kinda exhaustive, but that's the way the game works. But you always can stick to the difficult you've just finished: the first time i finished hard, i made another run on hard just to complete the secret missions i've not managed to complete in that run, for example.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
If you want some tips, i'm not a master at DMC1 like Monban or these guys. But i know to use a handful of techs to make rough battles more easy. In my opinion: shotty-cancel, roll-cancel (mainly for the Grenadegun) and sword cancel makes the game much more easy than it would be.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I know how to do Shotgun Twitching, but I don't think you can sword cancel in the HD Collection (what I'm playing) I tried before, and it ain't workin'.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
On the contrary - dying several times will have the game ask if you wanna try a lower difficulty :tongue:

did not know that Is that on the original or the hd version I never played easy ha must get killed a few times and see what its like

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It was in the original, yeah. DMC3 continued that trend, too.

ya knew bout it in 3 but I nly got killed twice on my first ever play of dmc1 as I orb farmed on ps2 I didn't die at all on the hd version so never knew there was an easy difficulty ha

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I can do it in the HD version too, i forget mentioning dt-cancel/inferno-cancel too, which makes Frost fights much easier and is useful against Nelo Angelo, Nightmare (core) and Griffon too.

And it's not after two slashes only, it can be made anywhere in the combo as long as it is not the last hit of the combo (the double slashes, million stabs or that downard swing). You can use it even after Stinger, but it does not make too much difference.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I can do it in the HD version too, i forget mentioning dt-cancel/inferno-cancel too, which makes Frost fights much easier and is useful against Nelo Angelo, Nightmare (core) and Griffon too.

I know it can be made anywhere in the combo but after the two slashes seems the most effective for me as it stun locks most enemies and nelo in place til he breaks out of it and the timing is smoother to get used to the inferno cancel is handy too though

And it's not after two slashes only, it can be made anywhere in the combo as long as it is not the last hit of the combo (the double slashes, million stabs or that downard swing). You can use it even after Stinger, but it does not make too much difference.

Railazel

Yeah, that's the "Sword Cancel" if I remember correctly, and I can't do it in the HD Collection :C

Have you tried the "gun cancelling" method? After every one or two hits, press the shoot button and, immediately, start the combo over again. Dante's aiming animation will cancel his sword swing animation.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Have you tried the "gun cancelling" method? After every one or two hits, press the shoot button and, immediately, start the combo over again. Dante's aiming animation will cancel his sword swing animation.

I'll give that a try, too. Thanks.

Top Bottom