• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Real-life Stylish

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
People say that a DMC movie would be a bad idea, but I don't see a very BIG problem with it. The only problem I would have is if they didn't keep to the original story. Wouldn't matter when in the DMC time period it takes place, just that they keep true to the original game.

Also, if possible, the people who voice and motion Capture should be the actors to play the characters.

Dan Southworth

and Reuben Langdon

Wonder if fans would mind Justin Beiber being Nero? hmmm...:/

Add some rehersal and it would possibly be something like the commercial of DMC3

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
NOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE OH SWEET GOD NO!

i see where your coming from but we live in a world with 5 resident evil movies ALL OF THEM BAD (2 is meh), films dont care about the original material its a means to an end for them. theyd twist it into some buulll shiit that make the anime look like art.

EDIT: and so help me GOD if micheal bay see this

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Devil may cry was never suited for real life actions or any real life stuff anyway.
There are just stuff from devil may cry that a human can't do it 100%.
If it's gonna have a film,it would be best if they would pick a CGI film,for me at least.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think games (when visually superb and cinematic) are a 'higher form' of entertainment than movies are, because they can have the cinematics, the story, the characters AND a more direct kind of involvement or stimulation for an audience than just sitting there and absorbing it with your eyes. *You* are playing it - you are involved, and 'in it'. A movie you are just watching.

In that sense I see no need for a Devil May Cry movie to be made, apart from to line the pockets of Hollywood even more. A new game that is good would be just grand.

Dante47

I've said this before. If a DMC movie is to be made, it should be in CGI and in continuity with the series. It should also feature Reuban Langdon.

DragonMaster2010

Yeah I thought so. Just wondering on all your thoughts on a movie. After all, there's talk in SONY about making a movie based off the new DmC.

Also, what if Quentin Tarantino (Kill Bill creator), and Hideki Kamiya teamed up to make a DMC movie? (Not saying it will ever happen, but how would that sound?)

DragonMaster2010

If they ever cast JB in a DMC movie, I kill myself...

Oh come on! Justin Beiber is not that bad of a per- -
images

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
movie: noooooo
justin bieber: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (no offense to any justin bieber lovers)

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
someone who made Equilibrium should make Dmc. it has a gunslinger-styled action. And Christian bale looks like vergil too.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Also, what if Quentin Tarantino (Kill Bill creator), and Hideki Kamiya teamed up to make a DMC movie? (Not saying it will ever happen, but how would that sound?)

Ew.

Don't understand the Tarantino hype. Sure, some of his movies are fun, but he isn't a revolutionary. He's pastiche, through and through, except he likes to approach dialogue slightly differently than most moviemakers. I find his style quite jarring, too. If a movie of Devil May Cry was going to be made, I'd hope he was one of the last choices for director... before Paul Anderson and Uwe Boll, of course.

DragonMaster2010

Ew.

Don't understand the Tarantino hype. Sure, some of his movies are fun, but he isn't a revolutionary. He's pastiche, through and through, except he likes to approach dialogue slightly differently than most moviemakers. I find his style quite jarring, too. If a movie of Devil May Cry was going to be made, I'd hope he was one of the last choices for director... before Paul Anderson and Uwe Boll, of course.

then what about the person who made "Sucker Punch?"

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Snyder? Maker of 300, and Watchmen? Ooh, you ain't gonna like this.

If you haven't read Watchmen, read it. Makes the movie look like a half-assed music video. Movie completely lacks the tension and mystery of the book (like you couldn't guess who the bad guy was the second you saw him!). I have to say I think it was poor effort, just like the rest of Hollywood's attempts to quantify Alan Moore's stuff.

300 - arty visuals, not really intended to be all that deep even by Frank Miller, but again, the graphic novel has more character.

I haven't seen Sucker Punch, because I've not been impressed with Snyder's films thus far and didn't bother seeing it. See, to me, a film needs more than just impressive visuals, which is what he's all about apparently. It needs guts, a soul. I just didn't get that from his others. And DMC would need some guts - more than just shots of Dante offing demons in stylish ways.

However, I'd put him higher on the list than Tarantino.

DragonMaster2010

hmmm...maybe a DMC movie wouldn't work. My last guess were the people behind RE movies buuuutttt...naw. Y'know what, this thread isn't really all that important. Tony, if you can, just lock this one please,

thank you:)

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
After watching four live action Resident Evil movies, Dragonball: Evolution and Tekken, I will probably say NO but I would love to see CGI mastered DMC movie! But it would be totally cool if they made DMC movie like Beowulf or maybe Steven Spielberg's TinTin movie, the animations and expressions feels so real!!

Top Bottom