• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raging. Please help.

MisterMagiKoopa

Ok. so i wouldnt say I am per say new to devil may cry. I beat this game a LOOOONG time ago (on easy) as a kid and since then I have beaten tons of games including Castlevania Nes, Megaman 3, and others. So I decided to try some devil may cry again and picked up the h.d. collection for 360. While playing on normal mode I noticed this game was HARD. After encountering phantom and getting my butt served to me on a silver platter many times, I beat him and moved on. The next level was another dead end. Started getting chased by phantom and killed in less than 30 seconds by him. after researching I found out I could dart into a nearby door. Its kind of ridiculous I had to evade this guy instead of beat him again. So after my encounter with the shadow lion and once again getting smoked and somehow (still unknown to me) I got past him. I beat the horned guy with the sword (cant remember his name) and now stuck at another shadow beast. Sooo what should I do? revert to easy? Or just consider a different game or what? its pretty freaking ridiculous.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
there is sword loop that makes it easier perform 2 hits with alastor then rotate the left analog then 2 hits rotate etc , this way you can constantly attack. Taunt to recover devil runes and use the shotgun too and lastly try to get critical hits. Hope this helps

berto

I Saw the Devil
Also, the Shadows reflect melee damage back to you unless they are showing their core, any time before that you should only be attacking them with projectile, and since those don't reflect their attack back to you you can shot them from any distance.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
The best way to deal with shadows is to use the shot gun on them until the core shows, and then use devil trigger and attack the core with the sword.
Another way you could do it is use devil trigger when you are shooting at them to expose the core quicker

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
You could try this to beat the Shadow:
Ebony and Ivory
then, once the core is exposed,
Ifrit Kick-13 (if enough DT, go Kick-13 DT style)
then
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought there was an explanation in the book or somewhere that hints how to fight them. Swords are useless because the body is protected by magical spell glyphs on it. The Shadows are ancient or something and so have never seen gun before so their spell charmed body is weak to any kind of guns (including Nightmare Beta). When the body is weak and the core shows, you can then hack the crap out of it, rinse/repeat/avoid when it is red and dying. You have to keep moving when it is not showing its core so the best gun to use on it to stay mobile as possible if you are new to it, are the E&I. (Especially if there are two shadows in the same room)

These are probably my favorite regular enemy in any game ever 8'D

Top Bottom