• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rad Cinema

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
This is similar to the "What Are You Watching Right Now Thread", but it's a bit different. I'd rather know what your favorite movie is. Not show >_>...or youtube vid, but movie/feature length film.

I just experienced that orgasmic awesomeness that is Ninja Assassin, and it has rightfully taken its place as my favorite movie of all time. I don't think the movie went five minutes without an awesome fight of some sort. Seriously, my brain...orgasms. It happened, people.

aoshi

I watched the movie too and was excellent. Protagonist lacked expressions but character did not demand it which compensated. Great action though.

aka958

Don't trust people
What the? I just recently saw that one to, maybe... Maybe this is destiny! Maybe we were supposed to find each other here and share our thoughts.

Personally I thought it was good, action and all that but... Something didn't feel right, things felt a little overhyped and instant. Like that detective in the beginning came from nowhere with information you don't have a clue where she got it from...

Pros
Filled with action

Cons
Bad story
To fictional (expected something little more serious)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
xD I thought it was just right. I wasn't hoping for a good story. Just a bunch of ninja ass kicking. It made me want to play Tenchu.

aoshi

aka958;208298 said:
What the? I just recently saw that one to, maybe... Maybe this is destiny! Maybe we were supposed to find each other here and share our thoughts.

Personally I thought it was good, action and all that but... Something didn't feel right, things felt a little overhyped and instant. Like that detective in the beginning came from nowhere with information you don't have a clue where she got it from...

Pros
Filled with action

Cons
Bad story
To fictional (expected something little more serious)

Strangely co-incidental. I posted a review on the movie on another forum and rated 9/10. And i find a thread here on the same movie.:huh:.Strange.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah it kinda is.
But still, the movie had extremely poor story and nothing maked real sense. Every ninja of the clan was as trained as he is but still he manages to **** up at least 20 of them before getting damaged himself. Also, what was the point of their wounds healing by nothing? That was way over my limit...
I would give it a 6/10. But that's my opinion. :D

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Actually, the reason Raizo could mess up so many other Ninja was because the old man ninja put him through more crap. The old man even states that near the end... something to the point of saying, "You were my most promising student. I looked on you with such pride at one time. You were going to be the one to take my place once I died."

As for the magical ninjitsu wound healing, they were able to do that because they trained their bodies to do so. I know that part is a little far-fetched, but honestly, the whole movie was. And that's why I loved it. I wasn't hoping for something realistic. Crap, ninjas in modern society isn't even realistic! :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wanna see it too!!!

I have a few favourite movies that has never been dethroned by anything in the same genre, so here's mine:

- The Bourne Supremacy & The Bourne Ultimatum (awesome awesome awesome)
- Casanova (Heath :wub:)
- Virgin Territory
- S.W.A.T.
- The Fast & The Furious
- From Paris With Love :wub:
- Kung Pow!!! :D

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
KUNG POW! YES! Bwuahahahahaha!
I haven't seen From Paris With Love, Casanova, or Virgin Territory.

I love the Bourne movies, I thought SWAT was pretty good, and it goes without saying that any movie that's about super-fast cars is pretty good xD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Casanova is a real chic flick, but I love the medieval aged settings. Virgin Territory was hilarious, but it's meant for the more mature audience (18+).
And From Paris with Love - watch it. Seriously. Once I got over my giggle fit of seeing Travolta bald, it's a REALLY good movie. The chemistry between the two main characters was incredible. ...plus, the character Travolta played reminded me somewhat of Dante with his odd and laidback attitude :wub: It's a good movie, I'd recommend it. :)

Kung Pow FTW!!! Heheh, that movie rocked! Weewooweeewooooweeewooo! ROFL XD

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I shall look for the Travolta movie.

As for Kung Pow, don't forget that weird, wuhckkk sound she made. And then the epic scene of "Chosen one!" "I'm coming!" run run run, reset "Chosen one!" "I'm coming!" run run run, reset. Epic movie scene. XD

Edit: I have major spelling issues, trying to say "seen" instead of "scene"
Fail v_v

aka958

Don't trust people
^ Your not fail, you play good games.

Ninja gaiden, gears of war, lost planet, and call of duty. Great games!
Pretty off topic I know...

I don't remember any good movies lately, I saw 2012 but that was a long time ago. I did also see Avatar, Wolfman and lots of more movies but they were months ago and Wolfman wasn't that great.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My favourite movie?

"Léon" (also known as "The Professional" and "Léon: The Professional").

It's been my favourite film since forever. Although my favourite childhood film was undoubtedly Robocop. :cool:

Or is this 'favourite movies you've seen recently' type of thread?

Sparda™

Lexy;208910 said:
My favourite movie?

"Léon" (also known as "The Professional" and "Léon: The Professional").

It's been my favourite film since forever.

Someone's got taste. ;)

Among my favorites are....

Nikita (Luc Besson)
The Fifth Element
The Crow
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
The Matrix Trilogy
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
V For Vendetta
Equilibrium
The Dark Knight
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Watchmen
Sin City
Desperado

That's all I can recall for now...

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Hmm, my favorite movies are basically those, that can provide multiple emotions during the show, deep movies and just comedies that make you feel good till the end.
I guess the list`d be:
*Vanilla Sky
*The Godfather - all of them
*LotR - All of them
*Oceans Band, Twelve and Thirteen - all of them
*Naked Gun - all of them
*Matrix - all of them
it seems i like trilogies most of all...
*Kill Bill - both
*Take the Lead - for a change
*Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
*Pineapple Express - Epic comedy
*To the Sea - It`s a Russian movie "Na more".
*The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
wtf`s up with the stand alone movies...
*Watchmen
*Batman Begins & *The Dark Knight
*The 300
*Drag Me to Hell

Guess that`s it.

aoshi

IDENTITY - Starring john cusack. Last movie that went hysterical was "FIght club". But this movie is more hysterical than character hannibal. Entertaining.

9/10

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mine's probably one you've never heard of.

Titan A.E. (After Earth)

I don't have much time to explain it now, so I'll go into detail later.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;219245 said:
Mine's probably one you've never heard of.

Titan A.E. (After Earth)

I don't have much time to explain it now, so I'll go into detail later.

Seen it plenty of times.

Top Bottom