• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ps3

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
i have just gotten a ps3 but am having trouble getting a network connection. to begin with i couldnt find the IP address but now i have that it says that 'an error occured during communication with the server. this is a DNS error. i used
start
run
type in "cmd"
then type in "ipconfig /all"
to find my DNS number. however it is just coming up the same number as my IP address but when i type this number in for my DNS number i just keep getting that same message.
does anyone know what im doing wrong or help me plz

Dark Drakan

Admin
From what ive been reading it suggests the following...

Go to routerlogin.com. Type admin for username and password for password. Go to the advanced tab and click on Wan Setup. Change the MTU Size to 1482. Then try to connect through the PS3. If it still doesn't work, keep on reducing the MTU by 10 and stop at 1400.

Also...

If you login to the Netgear router and click Diagnostics you will see "Perform a DNS Lookup" have you tried that, just to make sure the router itself can connect to a DNS server properly and resolve addressess.

In firewall rules do you just have:-

Outbound Services
# Enable Service Name Action LAN Users WAN Servers Log
Default Yes Any ALLOW always Any Any Never

Inbound Services
# Enable Service Name Action LAN Server IP address WAN Users Log
Default Yes Any BLOCK always Any Any Never

You don't need to setup Port Forwarding just to get to the store, the only thing you would need Port Forwarding for is if you wanted to do Remote Play over the internet from outside of your home network.

You could also replicate these rules and then enable logging, then go to the logging page and see if outbound traffic on TCP Port 53 (DNS) is being blocked or is even going out.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
its still not working and im still getting this stupid message 'an error occured during communication with the server. this is a DNS error.':mad:
is their any chance i could get a connection through a wired connection:\

yes yes yes yes yes yes
it is possible to get a connection through a wired connection. not the best solution but it fine for now until i can get it wireless:D :D :D :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
cosmic master;62501 said:
it is possible to get a connection through a wired connection. not the best solution but it fine for now until i can get it wireless:D :D :D :D

Yeah that would be fine, not sure how PS3's wireless works im only familiar with the really simple Xbox 360's.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wish I could help but sadly I don't even have a PlayStation 3. +rep to the great DD for helping out, though. I'm useless with anything technical like routers... and even a PS3 for that matter. :p

Top Bottom