• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prequel to a Prequel?

So in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Dante says to Vergil when Arkham knocks Ebony into the air and Vergil catches the gun "Remember what we used to say?" and they say JACKPOT and shoot him.
SO CAN WE PLEASE SEE A PREQUEL TO THREE WHERE DANTE AND VERGIL KILL DEMONS TOGETHER? Maybe Dante uses Ivory and Vergil Ebony? Imagine the co-op potential. So I just want to know your thoughts on this.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Dante says to Vergil when Arkham knocks Ebony into the air and Vergil catches the gun "Remember what we used to say?" and they say JACKPOT and shoot him.
SO CAN WE PLEASE SEE A PREQUEL TO THREE WHERE DANTE AND VERGIL KILL DEMONS TOGETHER? Maybe Dante uses Ivory and Vergil Ebony? Imagine the co-op potential. So I just want to know your thoughts on this.
The backstory was already explained to an extent through the DMC3 manga, and the DMC novels had Dante and Vergil working together in some capacity, but Vergil went by the name of Gilver.
It would be good to see that in an actual game; especially as the manga was cancelled just before the final volume.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Since you guys are talking about a prequel which relating to DMC3, I just wanna ask that remember when Arkham says "The great one, who once ruled this earth as the medium between the human world and the demon world. Isn't it a magnificent view?", I'm wondering that who was he referring to? Sorry if I out of the topic. XD

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Since you guys are talking about a prequel which relating to DMC3, I just wanna ask that remember when Arkham says "The great one, who once ruled this earth as the medium between the human world and the demon world. Isn't it a magnificent view?", I'm wondering that who was he referring to? Sorry if I out of the topic. XD

good question could he mean mundus? or do you think he meant another even greater demon?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Tony and Gilver were in the novel which was set before DMC1 (not before 3).

I used my imagination... better than any game :p

V

Oldschool DMC fan

I think he refers to Temen-Ni-Gru.

The wiki says

The Temen-ni-gru's name is drawn from the Neo-Sumerian Great Ziggurat of Ur, named "E-temen-nigur(u)", literally "house whose foundation creates terror" in Sumerian. It was a structure built to serve as both an administrative center of the city, and as a shrine to Ur's patron deity, the moon god Nanna, or Sin; Temen-ni-gru's use to worship Sin as immorality is a pun on this.

the real thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ziggurat_of_Ur

So when he says "once ruled the earth as the medium" I guess he's saying the Temen-ni-Gru of DMC3 served a similar function, it was the administrative centre and citadel of whoever the people were who built it and ruled from it, it was basically a whole city inside and underneath a giant tower, and it was also built as a medium or gate between Earth and the Demon World. He probably calls it the Great One as a reference to Great Ziggurat.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Ah I see, thanks for the info guys! Come to think of it again, it is an unfortunate for Arkham taking the power of Sparda and misuse it with his own evil power. To me, it would be more epic if Arkham was actually served the Devil King Mundus though.

"Arkham, you have failed me. You are no longer worthy."

And I wonder what would the situation be like if Jester having a conversation with the Devil King Mundus. XD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i wouldnt mind more exploration into dante's past or vergil's so im game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom