• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poll for From-Scratch Costumes in DMC 4: SE

scionicspectre

Hello again, everyone! It's been a while.

Based on this thread, I've created a poll to select which custom outfits I'll end up creating high detail models for. I've ruled out any simple adjustments or existing models from recent games because those require less effort and I want to create mods that truly add value for the community.

These results will also be helpful in giving other modders an idea of what to create once the modding tools are ready, which appears to be very soon. Until then, I plan to get a headstart by having the models ready in advance. So please, take a minute to let me know what alternate costumes you would like to see in the game.

(apologies for not thinking to ask for suggestions over here on the .org beforehand)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You're da boss, man!

However I'm reporting that a Nelo Angelo mod already exists and replaces Corrupt Vergil's DT. I think it's on Infernal Works.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I've said this millions of times but I just want to see a beige trench coat wearing Dante or even Nero in his new costume.

scionicspectre

@Foxtrot94 You're right, Tomas took the DMC 3: SE model of Nelo Angelo, subdivided it, and improved the materials a bit as well. This doesn't give you the same results as creating a higher detail Nelo Angelo from scratch with traditional diffuse/specular/normals-workflow materials, which is why I decided to still include the option.

As such, I'd say there's a good chance my mods will go over the polygon count of the existing costumes, even with some thoughtful optimization, just because I want people to get the most out of it.

@DragonMaster2010 Nero in his new costume? I'm not sure what you mean- the only 'new' costume he has is already in the game as far as I can recall.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 You're right, Tomas took the DMC 3: SE model of Nelo Angelo, subdivided it, and improved the materials a bit as well. This doesn't give you the same results as creating a higher detail Nelo Angelo from scratch with traditional diffuse/specular/normals-workflow materials, which is why I decided to still include the option.

I know, just saying it would be kinda redundant to have another Nelo Angelo mod over other options we've never seen done, like Gilver or suit and scarf, etc, especially considering Nelo Angelo looks like the one that will get the most votes... sigh. Just wanted to see something never done before.

scionicspectre

@Foxtrot94 Gotcha'. Well, most of the people voting from reddit and Infernal Works have seen that mod recently, so I expect they're aware of that choice being redundant in some sense. I agree with the 'never done before' sentiment- Gilver was certainly my personal choice, and right now it looks like the suit/scarf concept is winning (kind of surprising, actually).

No matter what comes out of these results, I'll do my best to make it worth any perceived duplication of effort. The same method that was used with the existing Nelo Angelo mod could be used on any PS2 model, so I'm sure we've not seen the end of those 'ports'.

Goldsickle

Instead of a costume, I was wondering if Credo can be made into a playable character, while his boss form is his Devil Trigger.

scionicspectre

Instead of a costume, I was wondering if Credo can be made into a playable character, while his boss form is his Devil Trigger.

You could certainly grab those models from the game and make slight editions to ensure everything fits. Angelo Credo for DT in particular sounds like it wouldn't quite work out given the proportions, but who knows? Still, since this poll isn't for pre-existing high detail models, but is focused on making new ones from scratch, that wasn't an option.

Same with Kratos- anyone can go in and rip the GoW 3 model and rig it up. No point in recreating it from scratch when a high detail model already exists.

scionicspectre

So, here are the results after I cleaned up the votes from repeated IP addresses; someone from France actually had the nerve to vote 10 times over the course of a week! Needless to say, those skewed the results presented in the poll itself so now we have the true numbers.

I'm honestly surprised (yet delighted) that just a few more people wanted a genderbent Vergil. D: I'm still waiting on a mature plugin, but things are coming along in the meantime. I think I'll leave which one of these I'm working on as a surprise.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Gilver would be interesting, considering his face is supposed to be wrapped up in bandages and such.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't wanna create a new thread for this, so I decided to post this in a semi-related thread:

What does the "Demon Hunter Bundle" include, specifically?

-----

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP0102-CUSA01671_00-MAINRDOBXXXX0009

"Alongside this special edition game, this bundle not only includes all unlockable modes, but three extra characters and two additional costumes."

-----

Isn't this included in the normal Special Edition version? What's the difference between that and this?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't wanna create a new thread for this, so I decided to post this in a semi-related thread:

What does the "Demon Hunter Bundle" include, specifically?

-----

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP0102-CUSA01671_00-MAINRDOBXXXX0009

"Alongside this special edition game, this bundle not only includes all unlockable modes, but three extra characters and two additional costumes."

-----

Isn't this included in the normal Special Edition version? What's the difference between that and this?

Luckily, the xbox store has bundle details, its just the game w/all available DLC:

x49DDfo.png

Top Bottom