• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poetic thread

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Today, I was listening to music while I finished reading a book, and afterwards, I had to write something. The result was a strange poem that I can't understand. So I thought I would share it with everyone to see if they can make any sense of it.

As time goes on,
We fight till the dawn,
And we die honorably.

As time and space linger,
Let man shine
And the earth die.

As the day draws to a close
And the moon rises,
let the dead walk the earth.

As we survive,
Let God rule your life
and the power of truth prevail.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
First verse: The dawn of man, honorable, but weak.

Second verse: The high noon of man. While they flourish, the earth slowly dies.

Third verse: Humanity's dusk. The earth has retaliated. Humans are dying.

Fourth verse: Humanity's night. There are survivors, but none will remain soon. The earth is dead.

aka958

Don't trust people
First verse:
Fighting valiantly for what you believe in, never to relent, fighting with honor until the end.

Second verse:
Mans rising has effected the earth, for us too live we have to destroy everything around us. (I don't believe it myself, we have time to repent)

Third verse:
Mans death. Our remains reminding whatever living passes by that a too demanding race is a doomed race.

Fourth verse:
A verse for the fanatics, let them answer it.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Well, considering I am not a very poetic person, and this poem literally just came out of its own accord, it is very strange.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm not very poetic either, yet I wrote this one on Youtube, describing this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE

Wasteland. Desert of white. You can't feel the cold, yet you shiver anyway. You still blast away, but you ask, for what purpose? The Chozo smile down on you, as even this harsh land let's you live.
You could swear that you knew this song before playing. That's how much it personifies ice. Cold bliss...

That came out of the blue for me at the time.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
First verse:
The creation of the strong.

Second Verse:
The starting fall of the strong.

Third Verse:
The evils of the strong.

Fourth Verse:
The salvation of the weak.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
@ aka-You have a point. The book I was reading had a lot of death, and I was listening to Avenged Sevenfold. That may have been what it was.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I just wrote this now.

"Darkness. Never ending pain. Released from it's cocoon, it poisons the waters, and fouls the very air you need to breathe. Only the dim light protects you, and soon, even that shall be gone. The desolation, the pain, the sorrow. It eats at your conscious like cancer, destroying all traces of what has been corrupted. You fight, but struggle greatly. You're at your wits end. The pain is unbearable, to see such wondrous places torn down.

This, is death, my friend. Welcome to hell."

As a comment to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nRqlh1fk2E&feature=related

I wasn't even thinking. I just typed. It's wondrous what music can do to me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
And it goes with the song's theme, too. Isn't it awesome?

I intend to do that with all of Metroid Prime's music.

Top Bottom