• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please, do you know what Kusareen means?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Let me explain :

Dante/ Lady relationship is described as kusareen( 「腐れ縁」) in DMC4 novel, roughly translated as " fatal bond".This same word was used towards Leon/ Ada relationship.
As I'm not an English speaker native, could you explain me please what this mean?
Does Dante hates Lady, but just can't get free from her? Or could it means a romantic reationship that goes nowhere?

Thank you

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Inseperable or undesireable relationship is another translated version....
I think what it means is they pretty much can't do without each other, and it doesn't have to be a romantic relationship...
She's like, the one that keeps him in check or he's the one that comes to her rescue...
They both don't like it, hence the undesirable part of the translation...
Maybe something like that?...

Reactions: Gel

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Let me explain :

Dante/ Lady relationship is described as kusareen( 「腐れ縁」) in DMC4 novel, roughly translated as " fatal bond".This same word was used towards Leon/ Ada relationship.
As I'm not an English speaker native, could you explain me please what this mean?
Does Dante hates Lady, but just can't get free from her? Or could it means a romantic reationship that goes nowhere?

Thank you

I'm not a native speaker of English either, but maybe they mean 'a relationship doomed to fail', meaning they're in love, but it could never work. I don't think so, though, since Lady and Dante were never in love. Not in love in the DMC games, at least.

That, or they mean it's a dangerous relationship. Ada and Leon would get killed more easily if they depended on one another romantically. Their relationship could be used against them. Dante could get Lady killed accidentally, because he's a demon, but she's just a human.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Cosplaying Goddess has it right :p It's a dangerous relationship, but they depend on each other.

Reactions: Gel

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I've being doing my homework ( with your help, of course) and saw this Kusareen has a bad connotation, with the idea everyone wants to run off from it ( like in abusive relationships) , but fate or karma "condemms " them to it. Quite strange, indeed, since this word is not used towards other characters on DMC.:/

Top Bottom