• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playing as Vergil

Try looking into NTGameFramework.upk to and find NTPlayerStart to un comment this somehow and get it to show ;+CharacterDescriptors=(FriendlyName="UseVergil", TargetPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", Tags="Normal; NoCoat; WhiteHairPatch", ModCompatibility="Vergil", ReplacementPlayerControllerClass="VergilDLC.DvPlayerController_Vergil", ReplacementCharacterTemplate="Vergil_Archetypes.VergilPlayerCharacterTemplate")
I can't find it though
Already tried, I even tried to replace one of the other DLC costumes and normal costumes with his tags to see if he shows up but no luck.

Story

I looked into the files too but it seems that changing anything, even as simple as to show HUD during cutscenes doesn't do anything, methinks its set so the game ignores everything from those files or, did modifying something work for you guys? Maybe we need to enable debug mode or something similar so that messing around with the files will have an effect on the game.

I looked into the files too but it seems that changing anything, even as simple as to show HUD during cutscenes doesn't do anything, methinks its set so the game ignores everything from those files or, did modifying something work for you guys? Maybe we need to enable debug mode or something similar so that messing around with the files will have an effect on the game.

Some of the bits do work, like hud position and stuff but major things wont. The hud probably is showing during the cutscene but if the bik file(pre-rendered movie) is set to overlay all onscreen data you won't see it.

UPDATE: I'm honestly not sure what to make of it now, I was thinking maybe it's Vergils on-screen control for his AI but in the AI section Vergil is listed under another alias. He's also listed twice, once as a player and once as an ally. I'll see if I can unpack anything that helps.

Top Bottom