• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Played the Bayonetta demo...

aka958

Don't trust people
I really anticipated this game but... After playing the demo the only thing i can say that i hate it!

I've never played something that horrible. Horrible music, horrible display and horrible fighting.

The music does not give me that adrenaline feel, does not speed up the battle feeling and it sounds utterly aweful. It sounds like Japanese pop or something like that.

The displays, like the lock on target is all to feminine, not in a way that you could think something is awesome. Not something practical but just a thing constructed to look like lips as a lock on target?

The battle has no strategy, no tactics, no thinking... Just mash random buttons for an endless combos.
You do not need to think: maybe i should do a high roller to get my enemy in the air then hit some combos up in the air so the enemies below can't get me as easy.
All it is, endless combos, dodge, witch time, endless combos and repeat...

I like the concept of angels but they look aweful and not the way i've thought of angels, they look like demons but white and gold and a gloria.

The only thing that was awesome in it was the weapons, how they looked like and all that.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
Aaaaaand fair enough.

Opinions on Bayonetta seem to vary widely, most reviews seem very favourable of the game, and I myself enjoyed it quite a significant amount, personally I found it to deliver everything that Devil May Cry 4 lacked, even if some of what it lacked was an insane amount of sex appeal.

But seriously now, to me, DMC4 lacked the action packed, fun filled, stylistic fighting that DMC3 touted so well and I felt that Bayonetta did have that. Really, it's only a button masher if you make it a button masher and on the higher difficulties it will punish you for just randomly mashing buttons and hoping for a decent combo string.

It takes me back to the retro days if spending hours on end mastering the best, most technical and most powerful combos and then exploiting the hell out of them.
Also, on the femininity of the game, it's kinda the whole point, Bayonetta is supposed to be made out to be this powerful, attractive and highly feminine woman that knows she's in charge, of course everything about the game is going to reflect feminine undertones as a result, personally, I reckon it's a good thing, it's about time games actually started including female characters who serve no other purpose than to be protected because they're so pathetic. Or to serve as little more than a cardboard cutout love interest for the main character. (See: Nero + Kyrie.)

One final thing, I'd also like to put my hands up and say...You're slagging off what is essentially a retooled version of Devil May Cry's combat system, that had sod all in the way of tactics either and you could play every game in the DMC series like a button masher too. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
No i cannot play DMC as a button masher, that just won't work. Because each move has it's own use. Bayonetta got so many moves and mostly they do the same and can be used at all times.

And i think you misunderstood with what i meant by feminine. I don't care if there is a strong woman as a protagonist or a weak guy or whatever... I do not care if all characters are women/men as long as it is good.
What i meant was the display, like the before mentioned lock on target and the menus design. It ain't really giving me the feeling like i'm playing an action game.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I wasn't overly thrilled with the Bayonetta demo either to be honest but from all the reviews I've been reading, it's meant to be absolutely brilliant. According to a lot of fans, the demo just doesn't do it justice which I am inclined to believe. I'll be picking up a retail copy for Xbox 360 when the price drops a little. I couldn't justify spending £40 on it at the moment... especially after me we've had to fork out for a new Xbox 360 since the last one got the E-73 error.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I played the demo, but that just cemented the fact that it's a DMC clone for me... I just can't get into it. Am I such a lifelong DMC fan that I can't play a clone? Probably. It doesn't seem right for me, although those little mentions of Sparda and Eva were pretty cool. I don't care if the demo doesn't do it justice, I just don't like it. And fyi, I really could care less about sex appeal.

aka958

Don't trust people
Does it have to?
I didn't know there was a general thread :( sorry Zato-OW.

Same as Dreadnought said, i will not buy it for it's price. Maybe in like five years when it costs just a few bucks because that is what it is worth in my opinion. Maybe not even then when i think about it.

I played another game demo that actually was awesome.
Dante's Inferno was epic and it didn't feel like a copy to me, it has great effects, awesome bosses and superb gameplay.
That is how a action game should look like and that is how the music should be to me. But some scenery was uneccesary though...

Zato-OW

King
aka958;201623 said:
Does it have to?
I didn't know there was a general thread :( sorry Zato-OW.

Same as Dreadnought said, i will not buy it for it's price. Maybe in like five years when it costs just a few bucks because that is what it is worth in my opinion. Maybe not even then when i think about it.

I played another game demo that actually was awesome.
Dante's Inferno was epic and it didn't feel like a copy to me, it has great effects, awesome bosses and superb gameplay.
That is how a action game should look like and that is how the music should be to me. But some scenery was uneccesary though...

Now that was a funny read.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
DreadnoughtDT;201520 said:
I played the demo, but that just cemented the fact that it's a DMC clone for me... I just can't get into it. Am I such a lifelong DMC fan that I can't play a clone? Probably. It doesn't seem right for me, although those little mentions of Sparda and Eva were pretty cool. I don't care if the demo doesn't do it justice, I just don't like it. And fyi, I really could care less about sex appeal.

Ha! this is exactly how I feel, but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is gonna buy me it - it doesn't really interest me, but he's convinced I'll love it.....I'm annoyed and impatient that DMC5 hasn't made the slightest appearence yet and my boyfriend thinks this will fill the gaming void in my soul! :D

Sparda™

Zato-OW;201746 said:
Oh nothing...nothing at all.

You will need to get used to the idea that there are as much people that hate Bayonetta as much as there are droolers of It, like yourself.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;201750 said:
You will need to get used to the idea that there are as much people that hate Bayonetta as much as there are droolers of It, like yourself.

Me saying that has nothing to do with Bayonetta but thanks for guessing that.:lol: Also I don't drool over the game. I say its a great game and I'll leave it at that.

Zato-OW

King
Sigh, I was referring to Dante's Inferno which I thought was a horrible game after finishing it. Just don't assume my every comment is about Bayonetta. It's a good game but not the best. I think its one of the best action games yes BUT not the best game in the world by far. I haven't played it in almost 2 weeks tbh. Anyway I'll leave it alone.:D

Sparda™

Zato-OW;201763 said:
You just don't know how much it was a letdown for me.

I didn't have high expectations for It, to be honest...

Wanna know why?!

SuperEpicFail.jpg

Top Bottom