• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Platimum Considering Buying Vigil Studios

Downfall

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/platinum-games-considering-buying-darksiders-ip

Well, this looks promising.

While I don't like Platinum Games (due to people's undying reverence towards them and the ''all-too-proud'' attitude of it's head, Hideki Kamiya), I see this as sort of a ''necessary evil''.

They'll make the gameplay ten times better than it was before, however, given their history with narratives, the overall story is still somewhat at risk if they decide to take the reigns completely in that regard.

Edit:

Your thoughts? I'm sure people everywhere must be very glad to hear about this.

Hey, Steve, could you do me a favor? Could you fix the title, please? I was in a rush.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I'm fine with Platinum Games buying Vigil Studios, but I personally hope that the original writers for Darksiders games will be hired as well. Platinum Games is not exactly renowned for good storytelling and voice acting.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well if Platinum Games buys them, I'll drop Darksiders for sure...
I dunno, it's just, Bayonetta had nice gameplay, the Narative sucked (to me), same with Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising looks like more of that also.(Cannot play the demo, because it's not on the german marketplace for some weird reason, so I can only talk about what I see)
And I guess when they buy it they'll get the right to take the story in a direction they want, so it'll become some totally over the top action hack&slash.

Downfall

Get a new email account, then register your region as ''North America'' (Unites States) on your PSN account. It should allow you to buy almost any game you could want on the downloadable marketplace. I'm not sure, but the same should hold true for Xbox Live Gold users, as well.

You can use hushmail for that. They specifically say you can use as many aliases as you want, and that it will always be private.

You can delete the account manually if you want, or just wait three weeks without signing in and it will be deleted of its own accord (however, if you want to prevent auto-deletion without having to sign in, you'll to buy a premium account -- otherwise, it's totally free).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
How can a new upcoming development studio of just 150 workers whose games up to this point had sold terribly can afford to purchase an IP or even buy another company? I thought only Publishers had rights to IP and considering that Platinum had no involvement with Darksiders or if that was the case than Platinum would have no trouble getting back Okami, God Hand, or Viewtiful Joe.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I would honestly be absolutely fine with this.

How can a new upcoming development studio of just 150 workers whose games up to this point had sold terribly can afford to purchase an IP or even buy another company? I thought only Publishers had rights to IP and considering that Platinum had no involvement with Darksiders or if that was the case than Platinum would have no trouble getting back Okami, God Hand, or Viewtiful Joe.

How?
Because Nintendo, as such, you'd be surprised at the amount of money Platinum are likely sitting on right now.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
For the last part of getting back Okami, God Hand, and Viewtiful Joe. Copyrighting. Capcom owns the rights I believe, so the only way Platinum Games can get it is if Capcom starts selling copyrights left and right, or Platinum Games grovels at the feet of Capcom, or an unlikely collaboration starts, or Platinum Games dissolves and the workers beg for their original positions in Capcom. The reverse could happen, where Capcom is in such a mess that they need a savior.

I don't know how much money Platinum Games has and I don't believe that have the kind of money to buy Vigil Games and the Darksiders franchise. That's why I believe Atsushi Inaba said he would like it if it was sold at a lower price. If anything, the only reason no one wants Vigil Games and Darksiders is probably because of the asking price or because they just want Darksiders and get all the profits instead of having to share with Vigil Games.

Top Bottom