• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Platforming Was Never A Part Of DMC"

Downfall

the platforming is very well done for this genre

I was obviously joking. Didn't you read my other post on how I liked the platforming? Especially since it doesn't rely on wall-running and other PoP trademarks to look good?

Either way, I agree with your post.

I wished Limbo had more of an open world feel because I wanted to explore it more than anything. Limbo is so freaking cool.

*has fingers crossed*

Come on, Metroid-inspired Limbo... >_<

Goldsickle

With what happened to Limbo at the end of DmC, I don't know if it means we won't get to see more of those floating blocks and special effects.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
With what happened to Limbo at the end of DmC, I don't know if it means we won't get to see more of those floating blocks and special effects.
I actually think it would be crazier and more choatic and dangerous in a DmC2, Limbo is not dead, it has melded with the real world and we have yet to see how horrible an impact that may have. I can see Limbo, being a living creature fighting against the influence of the real world to gain dominance. Or if it's a dying beast it's probably even more rabid than before

Tody

I don't understand this, I think it just boils down to ignorance. Platforming has always been there, although in a small part. I don't recall it featuring as much as in DmC: Devil May Cry, but it was always there as a light element. DmC's platforming is enjoyable though, and quite creative.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
The platforming part in dmc3 where you had to jump around flying blocks at one point then back up them at another right before or after you right Geryon, I forget, was enough platforming for me for the entire game! So many attempts..... At least in this game it makes sense and you get to cover more of the Y axis of playing while doing so while getting to see more visuals.

Top Bottom