• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Possibly the most weirdly named thread of all time. I just wanted to put down my current obsession: H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories. You'd get the thread name if you had read "The call of Cthulu." Or at least be able to translate it, why I decided to dedicate such an expression to name the thread confuses even me (it's easily done though:lol:)

Are there any other Lovecraft avids here. (I would have thought there would be.):D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
In his house at R'lyeh dead, Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Yes, I'm an avid lover of Lovecraft's work, I've read The Necronomicon several times over, cover to cover, and Call of Cthulhu remains my favourite one to date.

Cthulhu for president, 2012, why vote for a lesser evil?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Why indeed?:lol:
I just love the description and atmosphere of his stories. I mean, you can practically smell the places and very well envisage the pre-human, alien and horrific things in his stories. My favourite at the moment is 'At the Mountains of Madness' but it changes frrquently as there are so many great horror stories that he wrote.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
He truly was an outstanding author, and yes, I agree, the way he described everything just made it all that much more real, the sheer horror that some of his works could invoke upon me was something that really took my breath away.
I found that most of his works were something that I could easily lose myself in, I'd be reading and I'd often find myself becoming encapsulated in the world he'd written created.

His stories often filled me with a mix of utter terror and dumbfounded awe at how written work could create those sorts of emotions within a person, honestly, nothing has ever chilled me to the core quite so much as reading through The Nameless City, Night-Gaunts and Dagon, as well as The Call of Cthulhu in those moments where your house is entirely silent and dark.

No author other than Lovecraft has ever been able to do that to me, I respect his work more than just about any other, he was truly something magnificant, shame he died so young really. >.<

Top Bottom