• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Persona!

Gorbashou

Now, I have noticed the lack of Persona discussions in here. Let's start one! Talk about any Persona game you want. ^^

Like, don't you think Mr. Fuhrer resembles someone in Persona 2: Innocent Sin? Hmmm... who could it be? Lol. XD
persona_2_hitler_sunglasses.png

I like how they state that if any fictional characters happens to resemble someone in real life it's all just a coincidence while in the original he was actually Hitler.
What do you like about the censor for Hitler? Is wearing shades and an alias like this good or bad?
Some state that they made Hitler unintentionally badass.

While talking about the resemblance of characters and irl people, what about Revolver Jes... I mean Takaya, in Persona 3 resembling Jesus?
tumblr_m07caiXMw81r4ssbx.png

No, he's just topless, don't be frightened everyone.

What is a Persona thread without talking about the Hiimdaisy Comic Dub?
Persona 4, you so funny.

While talking about Persona 4, have you seen the Persona 4 animation? Do you like or dislike how Yu/Brotagonist was portrayed in the anime?

Favorite Persona?
Mine: Odin from Persona 3.

Favorite Arcana?
Mine: Hanged Man/Hermit.

Favorite Character?
Mine: P3 Akihiko and P4 Naoto.

Have you fused any cool personas? Meaning, with great abilities. Like a Messiah with all the ultimate elemental spells, Odin with Absorb Wind or a Helel who nulls/reflects everything.

Hyped for the Persona 3 movie?
http://www.p3m.jp/

Make your own questions, start discussions, anything Persona is welcome. =D

Azurel

Now, I have noticed the lack of Persona discussions in here. Let's start one! Talk about any Persona game you want. ^^

Like, don't you think Mr. Fuhrer resembles someone in Persona 2: Innocent Sin? Hmmm... who could it be? Lol. XD
persona_2_hitler_sunglasses.png

I like how they state that if any fictional characters happens to resemble someone in real life it's all just a coincidence while in the original he was actually Hitler.
What do you like about the censor for Hitler? Is wearing shades and an alias like this good or bad?
Some state that they made Hitler unintentionally badass.

While talking about the resemblance of characters and irl people, what about Revolver Jes... I mean Takaya, in Persona 3 resembling Jesus?
tumblr_m07caiXMw81r4ssbx.png

No, he's just topless, don't be frightened everyone.

What is a Persona thread without talking about the Hiimdaisy Comic Dub?
Persona 4, you so funny.

While talking about Persona 4, have you seen the Persona 4 animation? Do you like or dislike how Yu/Brotagonist was portrayed in the anime?

Favorite Persona?
Mine: Odin from Persona 3.

Favorite Arcana?
Mine: Hanged Man/Hermit.

Favorite Character?
Mine: P3 Akihiko and P4 Naoto.

Have you fused any cool personas? Meaning, with great abilities. Like a Messiah with all the ultimate elemental spells, Odin with Absorb Wind or a Helel who nulls/reflects everything.

Hyped for the Persona 3 movie?
http://www.p3m.jp/

Make your own questions, start discussions, anything Persona is welcome. =D

Here's how I thought Persona combat in Arena should have been done.

Instead of making them two separate entities with their own hit buttons (taking out the possibility of a launch button like in MvC3) they should have just worked their Personae into their combos.

To be fair, that's what they did, but it feels too separated for my liking. I would like a smoother experience.

Anyway, it's great meeting a fellow Persona enthusiast. My favorite was 4, and I was going to get the Vita just to be able to download P4Golden (they weren't selling the physical copy), but it was too expensive. But soon... very soon... NAOTO SHALL BE MINE.

I have the original 4. I actually bought it three times (two American, one European because I was traveling) and I still consider it my favorite game to this day. I actually have a hack n' slash DMC-like idea that I was thinking about, and I would be glad to show it to you if you'd like.

However, it seems that they've smoothly integrated the Persona/Devil Bringer/Astral Projection/Phantom/Doppelganger mechanic to DmC's Vergil's combos without any problems. I knew there was a reason why he was my new favorite character.

Anyway, remember back in DMC3, when Dante had to face his shadow? I think that was a "retro-future" reference to what would happen when Persona 4 would be released. Atlus did the designs for the Devil Triggers, so, the reference is obviously there.

But now I have completely fallen for Z.W.E.I.'s (just call him Zwei, it's easier that way (hey that rhymes)) move-set. His combos are slow, but that's only to work in E.I.N.'s hits instead. In German, his name means T.W.O. While his Persona Werewolf Spirit is named O.N.E. I guess that's somewhat clever... :/

I would like a faster version of this character and/or his Persona E.I.N. ablity, but for now, I'm glad just to have Zwei around to show everyone else how combos like his can be done without sacrificing simplicity and player connectivity to their character.

Of course I'm hyped for the Persona 3 movie, but still a little weary since I thought the Persona 4 anime could have been handled better.

After all, the group in the P4: Animation should have used their weapons instead of sitting back and letting their Personae do all the fighting for them. :(

Azurel

One more thing. I love games that take place in Japan. It's the closest thing I can get to actually being there. I've decided however, to plan to go to Shanghai instead. In Japan, the economy has been weakening (to be fair, it has been in China as well, but only a little after so much growth),
so, I've decided to spend my time learning Chinese and trying to see if I can go there somehow. Besides, Shanghai is 4 times the size of Tokyo I've heard, and Tokyo is considered to be a Megalopolis. That's incredible.

I love Japan. But I also love futuristic cities in general. So, I've decided to go all the way... someday, hopefully.

I literally shed a tear every time I watch this one:

Here's one from Shanghai. Needless to say, it's quite the viewing experience:

A nice soothing Tokyo video from an aerial view:

Shanghai Cruise 2010:

Tokyo Cruise 2010:

Gorbashou

I myself haven't played Persona 4 Arena (EU ver hasn't been released... QQ). I seem to be in love with the gameplay though, however I haven't tried myself so I don't know how distinct the personas feel from the characters.
Personally I quite like the fact that it is distinct from Soul Calibur since the SC gameplay hasn't appealed to me much, it always feels like my single-move abilities flop very easily and it feels a little clunky too imo.

Heeeeeeey Atlus did the designs for the Devil Triggers? I had no clue. They are bigger than I thought then. =O

I liked the Persona 4 animation not for the action parts but for the story parts, so if they didn't use weapons I didn't really mind it. Seeing social links, characters and the given character of Yu was both very interesting and also comical. They didn't hold back with using joke references on their scenes and events.

Yeah Tokyo and Shanghai are extremely modern and beautiful cities. However, I find it too crowded for my own taste.

Azurel

I myself haven't played Persona 4 Arena (EU ver hasn't been released... QQ). I seem to be in love with the gameplay though, however I haven't tried myself so I don't know how distinct the personas feel from the characters.
Personally I quite like the fact that it is distinct from Soul Calibur since the SC gameplay hasn't appealed to me much, it always feels like my single-move abilities flop very easily and it feels a little clunky too imo.

Heeeeeeey Atlus did the designs for the Devil Triggers? I had no clue. They are bigger than I thought then. =O

I liked the Persona 4 animation not for the action parts but for the story parts, so if they didn't use weapons I didn't really mind it. Seeing social links, characters and the given character of Yu was both very interesting and also comical. They didn't hold back with using joke references on their scenes and events.

Yeah Tokyo and Shanghai are extremely modern and beautiful cities. However, I find it too crowded for my own taste.

Gah! This is already number 30 or something on the forum list. I will not let this thread die! For too long I have waited for a decent Persona thread. No, no. I'm going to talk about random Persona stuff and keep the thread at the top while I'm still on break.

Anyway, I heard that Megan Hollingshead is the voice of Naoto. While it was reported previously that Susan Dalian was played the role, it turns out that she had nothing to do with it, unfortunately. I have sent Ms. Hollingshead an email asking if she was really the voice of Naoto.

The reason Atlus did not reveal who the voice actress was is because apparently, she wasn't in a voice actors union, therefore, went uncredited. Why must they make this so hard?? I just want to know who played the part.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1380179/fullcredits

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0391125/

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Megan-Hollingshead/

http://www.meganhollingshead.com/

I hope this is true, that way I can put all my doubts to rest. I doubt she'll answer my emails, though. :(

Confirmation that it was not Susan Dalian:

http://mayonakamidnight.com/showthread.php?1605-Naoto-s-Voice-Actress

It's confirmed in the first post and somewhere on the last page of the topic, I think.

Yes. I am obsessed.

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=DhxiYfHQmJg&feature=BFa&list=PL358084D3C9C370D5

I spaced it out because this is a playlist. It's a 100% walkthrough on how to get everything in Persona 4. This is the only walkthrough that shows how to complete all the social links and show all the battles. Anyway, just cut and paste and put the link back together if you want to watch it.

(I posted this on another thread, but I think that one's buried. So many people DO NOT have access to this game, because you really can't get it outside of the states and Europe. This is just my way of showing it to as many people as possible)

Edit: Thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/persona-5-persona-4-remake-vita-and-persona-4-2d-fighting-game/

I'm glad to see P4 is a lot more popular now. The more people who know about it, the better, in my humble opinion.

http://www.gamesradar.com/persona-4-golden-review/

Azurel

You know, I personally see Persona 4 as a cross between Scooby Doo, Monster Squad, and Bleach. At least from an anime/cartoon perspective.

From a "live-action" perspective, I see it as a combination of Harry Potter, Dexter, and Limitless.

DEXTER POTTER UNLIMITED

This is the "Awakening of the Persona".

This is "Learning How To Fight".

This is what one of the commenters on the vid had to say on NZT. Wow, if this is true, WE CAN ALL HAVE PERSONAE.

"Look into LSD, this is how i feel on LSD, increased intelligence, better fighting ability, increased strength and flexibility, and agility, time slows, i become faster, stronger, and smarter.
Im pretty sure Limitless was based on LSD25, they just called the drug NZT48, the clear pill, LSD is also clear."
michel lang

Dexter:

Somehow, this is how I pictured Yu Narukami. A "Tabula Rasa" (Blank Slate) -- somewhat emotionless, calculating, but still friendly enough to be able to blend in, and a detective on top of all that (Dexter works in forensics).

I know at the end of the anime, he developed his own shadow (of which I was very glad and relieved to hear, it was hard to believe that even the Wild Card itself had no shadow) but, at the beginning of both the game and the anime he just seemed fine being alone and not having any connections to speak of.

I know that the "Emotionless, Calculating Personality" (ha ha) is a better way to describe Adachi, but you have to remember, they're both voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, they both have to fool people every day to convince people they're harmless. They're two sides of the same coin, like Dante and Vergil. Besides, they added an extra bad ending at the end of P4G if you sided with Adachi. That's a serious extra storytelling element right there. One that I very much welcome into the game.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Yu_Narukami

"In the Persona 4 Manga adaption, Souji Seta is a distant loner who demonstrates a high level of maturity, his overly formal speaking tone being one of the most telling signs. Seta has a pessimistic outlook on life due to his parents and having to move frequently as a result of said parents' demanding careers but he eventually warms up as he explores friendship.

In Persona 4 The Animation, Yu Narukami is depicted as quiet and polite. Before the awakening of his Persona, Yu seemed to be emotionless and cold at times, as well as occasionally deadpan. Afterwards, however, he is shown to value the bonds of friendship between the members of the Investigation Team and is highly concerned about his friends. He goes through great lengths in order to help others. Fortunately as he grows closer to the group he opens up more and more, and by the end he is as unique (though still quieter) as any of the other characters. He has a dry sense of humor, and sometimes does questionable things which he thinks are funny. He also seems a bit naive and oblivious to certain situations, which somehow keeps working to his benefit; especially when dealing with the girls, as he is able to get away with things that would warrant a smack for any of the other male characters."

Besides, Adachi is more like Dexter's brother, Brian, the main villain behind "Season 1".Dexter and Brian are also very much two sides of the same coin. It reminded me very much of D&V, Narukami and Adachi, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, etc. You get the idea.

In this clip, there was a giant reflection of the moon in a puddle, but it's not shown here, which is a shame. I could easily reference that to the Dark Hour in Persona 3.

3:00 min: M.C. Hall admits to "following" people to prepare for the role. Wow, he sure takes his job seriously. Lol.

Here, Johnny Yong Bosch playing both characters. 5:40 minutes in:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/persona-4-the-animation-episode-5-english-dubbed

To my knowledge, this is the only place you can find this series dubbed. If you can find any other site, then that's great.

Anyway, I find it rather surreal to hear Johnny Yong Bosch voice both people at the same time. But you can tell he raised the pitch of his voice just a little for Adachi, to differentiate them. I like that. Very subtle.

Added Note:

I know that Namatame, Adachi, and Narukami all had Izanagi, but only Narukami had the power of the "Wild Card" and "World Arcana", and his Izanagi was the Izanagi of Hope.

Whereas Namatame's Izanagi was Despair, and Adachi's was Rage (I think). Izanami didn't know that Narukami had the power of the Wild Card, which is not necessarily the Fool Arcana, but rather its own separate entity. Just wanted to clear that up.

I don't remember exactly where I got that bit of information from, but hopefully you'll be able to get what I'm trying to say.

Gorbashou

I got everything you said, don't worry. :p

Wow, you make me want P4 Golden even more. D=

I know the popularity of the Persona games have risen lately, and I love that fact. It'll show more people a one-of-a-kind game, I have never seen a game like Persona anywhere else.

I dislike Johnny Yong Bosch though, I will not be able to bear him in P4 Arena. ^^
Why? Because he voices too many famous game and anime characters, he do not fit Yu Narukami besides the Persona shouts in battle imo.
Not fun hearing Nero, Firion, and other game characters when I want to hear Yu Narukami. D=

Yes, I do know about the news about the new releases too, I know it'll take some time for P5 to be released, but I'll be waiting. =D

I got Persona 4 out of pure luck, the store sold it very very cheap, and since I already knew that it was good, I instantly got it.
After Persona 4 I craved more, and so I got Persona 3 Portable. Really, one of the best gaming series I've ever played. ^^

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
There’s already a MegaTen thread:

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/the-tawern-of-fallen-angel-all-purpose-megaten-topic.10469/#post-334844

It’s not specific to Persona though XD

I’ve only played Persona 3 FES. Love the story, absolutely amazing. Oh, I can’t say what my favourite Persona is. I’ve played so many SMT games I get confused which is which since they’re attacks and power differs from each game.

I guess Lucifer would be my fav just cos he’s powerful. I don’t like my other character’s persona, they kinda look pants :/

Couldn’t say my favourite character, I love them all :3

EDIT: Totally for about Persona. I got the remake on PSP. Haven't played much of it though. It's a lil too old school but I'll get through it XD

Gorbashou

MegaTen =/= Persona, Persona is just a part of MegaTen. It's like saying Final Fantasy Tactics should belong only in a Final Fantasy general discussion. :p
Also, IIRC, necromancy isn't really that lovely. Isn't it better to start a new thread instead of reviving an old one that has died?

Yes, SMT games are wonderful. I too would get confused, but since I've only scraped a little of them, I can't say alot.

Lucifer seems powerful, but not all that powerful still. He seems like this ultimate of ultimate personas unless you count the new game+ personas you can get (Messiah and Izanagi-no-Okami). But still, his ability-set seems kinda meeeeeeeh.

But, you've got Akihiko. Akihiko is amazing. =O

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Thought I would bump this, is that naughty? XD

Anyways, am I only who can't take end boss seriously in P3. The song tends to take away the fight and the struggle when all you can hear is "I will burn my bread". Makes me kinda hungry too.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I like dis thread. Well done on reviving it!

I just finished Persona 4 Golden, i love it so much :D Never going to sell dis game!

Top Bottom