• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC Version Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffereyi

Hello, just got the PC version of DMC 4. I've been encountering a problem wherein the game just hangs almost at any point in the game. Either it hangs during the introductory video, performance test, starting video of the game, or during the game itself. It hangs without giving a warning or notice of what it wrong. When it stops, the music continues in the background but the video doesn't move anymore. The farthest point I have reached is the part of the tutorial where Nero is asked to do a high roller.

Can someone help me troubleshoot? My PC specs are:
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.40GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

I'm running the game on DirectX9. I've tried reinstalling the game, but still the same problem. I don't know if the problem is with my PC. Please help.

Thanks in advance:)

Koemi

half-breed
welcome to the forum!

specs looks fine, but did you try upgrading your video/display card driver?

Jeffereyi

Hello, thank you for welcoming me.:)

I've checked my drivers and looks like it's updated. The game just stops with the video blinking while the music plays in the background. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Koemi

half-breed
I have a similar problem, though it didn't really "hang" - it just pops out it's full screen then close itself. I turned off my antivirus, Win update, Norton Ghost, and a bunch of background programs and that fixed that.

dongwan

HELLO.MAN >>>>>>>>>your pc great and i have same it but i have 9800 gts card but i think you have proplem in hard disk because your pc its very good....

goodby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeffereyi

dongwan;127824 said:
HELLO.MAN >>>>>>>>>your pc great and i have same it but i have 9800 gts card but i think you have proplem in hard disk because your pc its very good....

goodby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello, any idea how I can troubleshoot if there really is a hard disk problem?

I reinstalled the game again, somehow I managed to get to Mission 4 but the game still hangs every now and then. I've tried turning off my antivirus, windows update and other startup programs.

Thanks in advance.

dongwan

Jeffereyi;127985 said:
Hello, any idea how I can troubleshoot if there really is a hard disk problem?

I reinstalled the game again, somehow I managed to get to Mission 4 but the game still hangs every now and then. I've tried turning off my antivirus, windows update and other startup programs.

Thanks in advance.

i think it hard disk:huh:...because before 5 monthes i have

same problem (the hangs) but i doing format(not quick format)

for my hard disk and i reinstall the windows xp... after

that the game became great runing...:)and no problem to this

day^^

i wish good luck for you man:cool:

Koemi

half-breed
now that dongwan mentioned it... did you try that recovery point option of XP? perhaps a Windows update is messing things up and if you go back to that date it'll probably be okay.

now you can get to mission 4 with some startup programs off, my instinct's telling me this is not a game-hardware crush issue. More of a systemic type - which Windows known for doing so. In those case, I usually either crtl-alt-del and trial-and-error see what service/programs is the troublemaker; but if you are not familiar with that, then I'd try restore my system (use "system restore") to the day before a big Windows "update".

** save your game date somewhere before you try that though **

hope you'll be able to enjoy the game soon.

-Savior-

Vergil´s right arm
If nothing helps, just try to play ur game in another computer somewhere,
and check out is it working. If its not, the disc is broken.
If it works, somethings wrong whit ur computer.

Jeffereyi

Thank you all for the advice. It seems the problem lies with my pc. I've installed previous games before and they worked perfect until I installed some programs lately.

I've done system restore on my pc but the game still hangs every now and then. But there are times when the game does not hang at all and thankfully, I've finished Human mode! Now, I'm going for the next level.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom