• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC DMC4 questions/problems

NiteCyper

1. How do you keep the graphics settings you had last? Else the game doesn't seem to save them unless you quit the game without crashing.

2. Is there any way to reduce loading times?

3. Is there any way to eliminate the game reloading when you ALT+TAB back to it in full-screen mode?

4. Can you farm Proud Souls by replaying missions? If so, am I morally justified in using a trainer to get an infinite amount of them as well as Red Orbs in that you'd get a nigh-infinite amount of them anyways if you had no life and farmed them?

5. What does the "Automatic" setting do again?

6. Engendered by another thread, is the "L" button a way to toggle lock instead of hold-to-lock?

7. Is the default keyboard layout ergonomic/comfortable/intuitive? Do most people change most of the default keys?

NiteCyper

DanteTheDevil;173351 said:
If you crash when you quit, it means that settings CAN'T be saved.
3)WHAT?

Re: Saves and crashes: Shouldn't the game save it and store those settings independent from quitting the game? I just can't comprehend why it is how you say it is, despite how true that may be.

Re: 3) The game goes to a loading screen that is black with a status bar in the right-hand bottom corner when I ALT+TAB out in full-screen mode. I was too lazy change graphics settings again for the loading screen, ironically.
I'm only assuming that it comes up when I ALT+TAB out. It is possible it restarts the loading screen of something else when I ALT+TAB out instead of loading just because I ALT+TABbed. I have only encountered it once so far. I didn't bother letting it load all the way either because I decided it was enough and that I should go to sleep now.

Balious

1. Well I can't tell as my game has never crashed apart from freezing the whole computer once but my settings were on default anyway.

2. Only thing I can think of is getting more memory/ram or something.

3. I don't know how to but it loads quite fast for me so it doesn't annoy me.

4. Not too sure could try finding out myself.

5. If I remenber correctly it lets you do all those combos together without pushing all the different buttons but im not too sure but I use it anyway.

6. Never really used the keyboard as I just took my brothers PS3 controller and use that for it. But I think you just push it and it will just lock.

7. Is the default keyboard layout ergonomic/comfortable/intuitive? Do most people change most of the default keys? Well at first I went along with the default settings but they were just all over the place and had to change them. And still I couldn't get used to it even though I seemed to be doing good (passed the first secret mission without even trying but with a controller I struggle). After that I just used controller all the way.

Hope that helped.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
The settings file is saved when you quit, i think.
Default controls are good enough, though i always have trouble switching from arrows (most of game i have use these) to WASD, but everything else is fine.
You can only farm red orbs by replaying.
Automatic setting makes it easier to perform some combos.

podcom012

MrExtacy12
My ATI Radeon 2100 wont work on devil my cry 4, An error occured and said that my pixel shader 2.0 was unsupported, What should I do regarding this problem? Hope anybody can help me here!! TY

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
podcom012;177057 said:
My ATI Radeon 2100 wont work on devil my cry 4, An error occured and said that my pixel shader 2.0 was unsupported, What should I do regarding this problem? Hope anybody can help me here!! TY

Buy a new videocard, dude... Shader 2.0 is OLD, you need at LEAST 3.0 for it to work.

Top Bottom