• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ori and the Blind Forest

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.gamesradar.com/ori-and-blind-forest-most-adorable-2d-metroidvania-game-all-time/

Ori and the Blind Forest is one of those games that immediately charms the pants off of anyone that plays it. Its minimalist, yet gorgeous, hand-drawn aesthetic is nearly as captivating as its cutesy protagonist and fairytale story.

You play as Ori, a spirit whose job is to rekindle life in a forest overcome by darkness. Initially, you only have the ability to perform simple jumps. Within a few minutes of the game's opening sequence, you'll encounter a friendly spirit that vows to protect you; this is your combat buddy. With a simple press of a button, it auto attacks any nearby creatures or spiky obstacles--the real challenge during fights is dodging enemy projectiles and melee attacks.

The game provides a great sense of mobility. You'll traverse its 2D plane pretty quickly, and the animations as Ori tries to scale slightly too-high walls is as adorable as it is realistic. As you play, you'll unlock new abilities--like wall jumping--and skill points that further enhance Ori's inherent talents. With an attractive art style and a great sense of progression, Ori and the Blind Forest is an action platformer that is sure to impress.

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-games-e3-2014/

Captain Xin

This is one of the highlights on the 2014 E3 for me.

It's nice to see something different after the sea of FPS we're getting lately, the graphic looks fantastic, and I love that little white dragon. It's so cute!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's nice to see something different after the sea of FPS we're getting lately, the graphic looks fantastic, and I love that little white dragon. It's so cute!
It caught my interest because it was a metroidvania with tricky platforming. I like almost any 2D side-scroller, but one that aims to mesmerize through its artwork is something to be admired a little more than the others.

Top Bottom