• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Order of Ambrosia FFXII

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Has anyone else got this elusive rank on FFXII. In order to do so you need 1,000,000 clan points and completed the sky pirate's den. Just so you know. If you need help however, PM me and I'll be only too glad to lend a helping hand.;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
We'll have to agree to disagree there. I loved the 12th addition to the series. FFX was brilliant, granted. I preferred FFXII because of the improved combat system, stronger story, some homogeneity to "A New Hope" etc. On top of this I liked the fact that different weapons were good for different occasions, e.g. the ninja swords were brilliant against Yiazmat (Hardest) but would have got you nowhere with Zodiark (2nd hardest- best esper). In my opinion anyway.

As far as the story goes, I would say it's stronger than in FFX. This is because it constantly shifts unpredictably, the events about Bur-Omisace threw the end further away than I would have expected up to that point. In FFX it was quite predictable what was going to happen after zanarkand, you knew that Tidus and Yuna would fall for each other, the only surpising bit was right at the end. Turned out Auron was wrong, Spira wasn't Tidus' world after all.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
You certainly can't just do that against Yiazmat and Omega.

Balthier was my favourite as well. Vaan and Penelo felt a bit inconsequential.

However I did not like Tidus as the FFX protagonist... It should have been Aaron.

Anyway the later boss fights were a bit of a joke at level 99. Even Penance and Nemesis were too easy. At least at level 99 in FFXII it doesn't make you "all powerful" that kind of ruins the game.

BTW did you even listen to the end, you are told that Dalmasca is restored and Basch acts bodyguard to Larsa in Gabranth's stead. Balthier survives the crash of Bahamut and reclaims the strahl. It at least as detailed as the FFX ending if not more so.

I would have liked to see something of the equivelant of the ultra powerful "Dark aeons" of FFX. The esper battles aren't that hard (granted) except Zodiark, Ultima and Zeromus. But they still aren't in the same league as the dark magus sisters.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I agree with most of your character synopses though I thought you were a bit harsh on Basch and Ashe.

I thought the story however was strong, just because it wasn't as overtly dramatic as FFX doesn't mean it wasn't as good. Rather I thought that It was interesting to see the "God" figures (occuria) portayed as megalomaniacal psychopaths and that the Empire was trying to free mankind from the Occaria's tyranny, only then that vayne turned megalomaniac. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as they say.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Penace was hard the first time, second time though I had collected everything I needed and it was simply a matter of autolife, attack reels, blitz ace, and hastega. Yiazmat was only actually "hard" towards the end due to his level being doubled and all attacks taking off a minute amount of his life.
I thought the most annoying mark though was diabolos, I mean, he used curse three times in the space of a minute!!!:dry:

Top Bottom