• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG Square's making a trading card game

Meg

What the hell? Why does everything have to have a trading card game? This looks so stupid.

Anyone who's played a Final Fantasy game knows that the only thing more important than saving the world from complete annihilation is collecting cards for your Tetra Master deck or finally beating that damn fisherman at Triple Triad.

Now, Square Enix has announced that it will be pairing with Hobby Japan to produce a real-world Final Fantasy trading card game that will allow fans to engage in strategic card battling without the hassle of rescuing billions of ungrateful NPCs from extinction.

Pfft, what a joke. Wait.

Coming to Japan on February 25th, 2011, the cards will feature a cross-section of Final Fantasy characters including staples like Sephiroth, Cloud, Kefka, Lightning and others that appear to be linked to the franchise's Dissidia spin-off.

O_O Li-Lightning?
84.gif
boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Jokes aside, what are your thoughts on this? If its available outside of Japan will you buy it? How do you think it will work?

Good gosh I hope you can just buy individual cards. XD

Full article:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/f...e/a-201011308553906010/g-20080715115627250082

Meg

^ They are making another Dissidia. Or do you mean another one after duodecim however you spell it? Or are you being sarcastic right now? Why am I asking so many questions?

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;290772 said:
What the hell? Why does everything have to have a trading card game? This looks so stupid.

Pfft, what a joke. Wait.

O_O Li-Lightning?
84.gif
boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Jokes aside, what are your thoughts on this? If its available outside of Japan will you buy it? How do you think it will work?

Good gosh I hope you can just buy individual cards. XD

Full article:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/f...e/a-201011308553906010/g-20080715115627250082

My opinion: Awesome! I like TCG's. I'll just buy a pack or so to check what's in it if it ever comes outside of Japan.

Devil Hunter 95;290776 said:
Whoops I forgot to put "just" in my last post. Sorry.

Anyway I hope they bring Vincent in.

Nope, no Vincent. Tifa will be the new representant for Final Fantasy VII in Dissidia Duodecim.

Meg

I'm sure they will bring it over if there is enough demand for it. They'll probably want to see how it does in Japan first though.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'm surprised it's taken this long to bring out FF trading cards - I feel like it should have been done years ago! :)

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;290801 said:
So in other words...it is Final-Gi-Oh-Mon?

Is the Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh TCG that popular? O_O

Ebony;290866 said:
I'm surprised it's taken this long to bring out FF trading cards - I feel like it should have been done years ago! :)

Yeah, as big as it is.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Message to Square, anychance of making Crystal Dynamics/Eidos (can't remember which) roll out another Legacy of Kain game INSTEAD of making trading cards?
You do partially own them.

aka958

Don't trust people
Lexy;290897 said:
I saw a full set of Triple Triad on eBay for £500. XD

<.<

>.>

I would totally buy it if I could buy stuff on the internet and had the cash.

I wouldn't even think twice, I would buy the crap out of it and then make decks out of it, play with friends, and good I would stare at it when I could. Just stare, admiring the cards... for hours... *drools*

Top Bottom