• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Old DMC internet threads

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
hey guys! Ive been looking through old threads and have been seeing what things people had said that are utterly absurd with the knowledge we have now. I wanted to hear some of the things you or someone else thought about DMC in the past that seem silly now. Ill start it off. I remember a few years after DMC 4 came out i saw people saying on online threads how Nero and DMC 4 in general didnt relly have any impact on the story of DMC and that people should stick to the first 3 games.

DarkSlayer54

I still don't believe DMC4 has any real impact on the overall story... It introduced Nero, and that's pretty much it. It didn't really push the story anywhere.

So far, the mainline games have cycled between giving answers, and creating questions... DMC4 was firmly in the latter to me.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I still don't believe DMC4 has any real impact on the overall story... It introduced Nero, and that's pretty much it. It didn't really push the story anywhere.

So far, the mainline games have cycled between giving answers, and creating questions... DMC4 was firmly in the latter to me.
Well it depends on what you consider an impact. DMC5 so far seems focused on story threads introduced by 4. If 5 is going where I think then in terms of importance to the overall story and changing the status quo i believe 4 will become just as if not more important than 3 in terms of where the story goes from here on simply because it introduced Nero and his ties to sparda, and considering they seem to be gearing up for him to replace Dante In 5. I base importance off of how lost you'll be if you miss the game. And since in 4 it's explained that yamato was Dante's brothers sword I think you'd be alot more list if you skipped 4 than if you skipped 3

DarkSlayer54

Well it depends on what you consider an impact. DMC5 so far seems focused on story threads introduced by 4. If 5 is going where I think then in terms of importance to the overall story and changing the status quo i believe 4 will become just as if not more important than 3 in terms of where the story goes from here on simply because it introduced Nero and his ties to sparda, and considering they seem to be gearing up for him to replace Dante In 5. I base importance off of how lost you'll be if you miss the game. And since in 4 it's explained that yamato was Dante's brothers sword I think you'd be alot more list if you skipped 4 than if you skipped 3

I do think 5 will add importance to 4... but only because it may actually answer some of the questions that 4 introduced.

I'm hoping it'll add importance to DMC2 as well, but who knows. I don't think anyone would be lost for skipping DMC4, but... I haven't watched any of the leaked cutscenes for it. I'm imagining that they'll give more than enough details for players to fill in the blanks. For me anyway, DMC4 just felt like a side quest. A sort of prelude that just teases a future chapter.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I do think 5 will add importance to 4... but only because it may actually answer some of the questions that 4 introduced.

I'm hoping it'll add importance to DMC2 as well, but who knows. I don't think anyone would be lost for skipping DMC4, but... I haven't watched any of the leaked cutscenes for it. I'm imagining that they'll give more than enough details for players to fill in the blanks. For me anyway, DMC4 just felt like a side quest. A sort of prelude that just teases a future chapter.
I feel like a reason for that is because nothing gets solved in it so it feels like it's if little consequence. Until you realize that it sets up the new protagonist of the franchise, establishes his personality and background and sets up future games. It's like what the first avengers movie is to infinity war. Taken on its own it's not of much importance but it sets up so much for future games. 4 for Nero is what 3 was for Dante, an origin. And 5 looks to be for him what 1 was for Dante, it'll be him coming into his own and facing his heritage as the son of Vergil. I think 4 it's important entirely Because of its set up and because you need to understand who Nero is to understand 5 it the significance of him losing his devil bringer besides "oh dang he just got his flippin arm ripped off!" It has no significance to Dante's story but it is the central crux for Neros story

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think one guy on the NT forums thought Dante should have blond hair instead of black.

There was a bunch of reboot/redesign threads popping when DmC was announced. Fans thought they could do better.

There was a couple good DMC5 pitches on the NT and IGN forums.

One poster suggested DmC should tell it's story like Dark Souls (ie through the environment).

Last edited:
Top Bottom