• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh Come On

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I looked at the thread "questions about beo and nevan combos" and it had filtered the word that I'm going to have to evade the system just this once with, because the worrd itself is not actually a swear word at all.
A-RSENAL. Can someone please stop this bloody minded stupidity?!:mad:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Fixed. Thanks for pointing this out, Phantarch. :)

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
haha you couldn't say arsenal! maybe we could think of other words that might confuse the system so it thinks it's swearing, like arsenal. then steve can sort it out.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'll hand out rep points for those of you who can successfully find any more... ;)

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I got to find words that might be mistaken for swear words hmmm A** is a good one because you could mean a donkey lol.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Yeah, and b*****rd is a child with unmarried parents (or something, correct me if I am wrong).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
KoRn_Dowwg666;21249 said:
Yeah, and b*****rd is a child with unmarried parents (or something, correct me if I am wrong).
Yeah, that's correct - and actually a point I was gonna raise earlier...the filter is in no way intelligent and therefore cannot distinguish contexts, hence why you can be explaining something and it being a legitimate use of a word, like the one you just mentioned, and the bot just looks for the arrangement of letters and blanks it appropriately.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes I have knowledge of Fliters yes very annoying but I am sure it can be sorted if we have a problem with a word that aint a swear word isnt that right Angel (Damn I sounded forceful there I do apologise).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hehe - yeah, it's easily sorted...bots are stupid so we know we can rely on you guys to help out :D

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
We were joking. Besides he cannot un-filter those words because if he un-filters a swear word that also has another definition then if someone says I don't know, B****rd in an insulting way, then it would not be filtered and the entire word will be shown without the stars for the server will think that the person is saying b****rd as in a child with unmarried parents. Get it?

Vordan

AC Pilot
Here's one. A bas-tard is a type of two-handed medieval sword, if I remember correctly...

Note: I bypassed the filter so you knew what I was talking about, the whole word blanked out when I posted this.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes I know A** isnt to bad because it only means your butt but saying that it is still a swear word and B**terd wouldnt be allowed anyway (Sorry Angel I shouldnt be doing this I will now stop).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well, seeing as this has been discussed to death, I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom