• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Observation - who is Nero and what will become of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustFinch_Pain

Greetings everyone. First time poster here, yet I've lurked for ages. I was never into DMC that much, not until about six months ago when I played both DMC3: SE and DMC1. Amazing. After reading some things about the upcoming DMC4, I went on a quest for evidence supporting a theory I've worked on for quite some time.

Theory - Nero is being taken over slowly but surely and will eventually turn into Nelo Angelo.

Proof
1. In this video, we see Nelo Angelo removing his helmet. Pause the clip at 00:32...Well, well, well...doesn't that sword look familiar? It's a big larger, less detailed, but the handle is very intriguing - it's almost identical to the handle of the Red Queen that Nero will be using in DMC4.

2. Nero uses his left hand to swing the Red Queen, however, Nelo Angelo uses his right hand. Vergil was right-handed. Nero's right hand/arm is the one that is posessed.

3. Dante says, "Return it to me...and I'll let you go." Something tells me that when Nero's arm was taken over, Vergil temporarily gained control of him and took Dante's Sparda sword, seeing as how Dante wears the other half of the amulet around his neck. Which brings me to point #4 :

4. An early translation on the official site said something about 'amnesia' and Dante. I'm willing to bet that 'Nero' has the amulet and doesn't know why because, as I stated about, Vergil's spirit took him over and directed him to steal it.

5. Vergil combs his hair back, yet it remains short enough in DMC3 to give off a 'slick spikes' texture. If Nelo is actually Nero Angelo, Nero has his hair slicked back - yet it's not 'slick spikes'. Perhaps Vergil combed back the hair of his new vessel? One can only speculate.

6. Nero fired a pistol called 'Blue Rose', obviously it has some sort of power if it can fire 'blue' orbs. Wait - if Nero became posessed by Vergil wouldn't he just throw blue rose away? Probably - but like he said - he wants more power : cue Nelo Angelo's blue blast of power that he can fire at will in DMC1 and DMC3. (video found here)

7. It's quite obvious that the amulet has a 'remembrance' effect on Nelo Angelo because he grabs his head - perhaps a 'flashback' of sorts from both when he was Vergil and/or when he was Nero?

8. Judging by this concept art picture, I'd say Nero looks damn close to Super Corrupt Vergil, atleast he dresses the part, I mean.

9. According to Google search, Nero was a king of Rome. Perhaps the Nero of DMC4 is the leader of this 'Order'?

10. Lastly - take a look here - the demonic arm looks very similar to Nelo Angelo's armored arm. Who knows. Then theres this picture here - Red Queen gives off a blue haze during stronger attacks? And no, this wasn't accidental, because it's in one of the newer screenshots too.

I'll leave you all to it. Have a good one. :)

X_nick_X

It sounds like a good theory i was reading kyrie thing on there official site it says kyrie is sister to the leader but to nero who was found abandoned on there door step.

she is "like" an older sister and mother to him.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
that would actually be sweet if nero turned into nelo angelo. yeah, hold on, think about this:

hopefully you can play as both nelo and dante, like lucia and dante in dmc2, only not so...crap. then, for the last boss, nero finally gets overcome by his devil arm (which is more than likely to be vergil) and turns into nelo angelo. at the same time, dante turns into sparda. so, for the last battle, you can either play as nelo angelo fighting sparda, or you can play as sparda fighting nelo angelo. that, my friends, would be one kick-*** battle!

gonzy360

gonzy360;34614 said:
that would add up to the fact y Dante wants to fight Nero, but i doubt nelo angelo is nero. When nelo sees the amulet in DMC1 when fighting Dante, he remembers that he and his brother were given 2 amulets, so then he goes crazy and vanishes. So i doubt nelo is nero. Good theory though. Vergil could have possesed nero before maybe when nero was like 17 maybe, and thous stealing the amulet and nero hid it somewhere. Dante wants it back, maybe vergil is trying to make it out of the demonic world to find the amulet, and try to do what he did in DMC3, but who knows, wait for the game to come out.
But the holy knights gave him the blue rose, nero motified it.
O and sorry to to destroy your theory about Nero as nelo angelo, but have u noticed while playing DMC1, when you beat Nelo angelo, Mundus says " Vergil has failed, Trish now it is your turn." so therfore, nelo is vergil ;)

Arwen

Lost Soul
Well every review I've seen has said him to be a gay version of Dante with power in his arm only because Vergil's sole resides in it. That's what the review all say anyway. I hope they don't turn him into anougher Raiden that's just crap.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
gonzy360;34614 said:
O and sorry to to destroy your theory about Nero as nelo angelo, but have u noticed while playing DMC1, when you beat Nelo angelo, Mundus says " Vergil has failed, Trish now it is your turn." so therfore, nelo is vergil ;)

yeah, but it's vergil's soul that controls nero's arm and thus, nelo angelo must control it aswell

Dalkin;34692 said:
Well every review I've seen has said him to be a gay version of Dante with power in his arm only because Vergil's sole resides in it. That's what the review all say anyway. I hope they don't turn him into anougher Raiden that's just crap.

ugh... raiden... what a mistake they made with him.

apparently raiden was created because of a survey they did on mgs1. apparently the female gamers weren't interested in some old guy as the main character. so they created raiden. but what a mistake that was...

gonzy360

pinky750;34769 said:
yeah, but it's vergil's soul that controls nero's arm and thus, nelo angelo must control it aswell

No i was getting through his head that nelo is not nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom