• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not bad dialogue and/or scene lol

aoshi

I actually think there's a lot to the cutscene and the situation.

1)Agnus acknowledges dante as the best demon and that demons are 'far inferior' in a challenge to him
2)Dante's fight against power in DMC 3 is mentioned where dante does not believe in power but humanity(he also gives credits to humans in the end).
3)Dante accepts agnus's challenge by standing on the statue of sparda implying he is fighting on his behalf.

I don't get why people bitch about this scene. It's a well directed scene.

I jus didn't understand one sentence:
"A fact that tickles irony's judgement."

What the hell is that supposed to mean???Irony is conclusive and there's no judgement to it...LOL.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
(holding a human skull) Humans...They are but stubborn and foolish. It takes a journey to Hell for them to accept and praise their God ...A fact that tickles irony's judgement. (crushes the skull and blows the remains away)

So this to me speaks that agnus finds it ironic that humans have to go through trouble and struggle and "hell" for them to praise or believe in a god and i guess hes stating that irony has an opinion or a sense of "judgement" which was probably him just speaking creativily so while its not absolutely correct it is atleast somewhat true and well spoken

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
[

I read at Sharkspearian level btw :)

CultureSHARK.jpg

"Sharkspearian" ladies and gentlemen.

And you obviously didn't understand what they meant. For one, it was just a voice actor who said that of her own accord and in a matter of fact DmC has Shakespearean themes. That's what she meant.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Besides, the only shakespeare I see in this Dante VS Agnus scene is the skull like Hamlet and the line 'the rest is silence'. That's it.
Unless we're talking thematically too? In which case, I guess Agnus saying how humans have to have terrible experiences to suddenly accept god would also be Shakespearian in a way.

And you obviously didn't understand what they meant. For one, it was just a voice actor who said that of her own accord and in a matter of fact DmC has Shakespearean themes. That's what she meant.
Exactly. It's the themes that are like something Shakespeare would write; the whole brother VS brother, struggles for power and betrayl. In no way is it being said that the writing in DmC is the standard of Shakespeare.
Though I do wonder why people do hold Shakespeare as the pinnacle of literary greatness.:/ Studying him for nearly all of my life has made me quite bored of his works.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Besides, the only shakespeare I see in this Dante VS Agnus scene is the skull like Hamlet and the line 'the rest is silence'. That's it.
Unless we're talking thematically too? In which case, I guess Agnus saying how humans have to have terrible experiences to suddenly accept god would also be Shakespearian in a way.

I love that humanity quote that agnus does lol

IncarnatedDemon

is it not possible for me to enjoy a scene without having to answer to someone...

1. I intentionally misspelled shakespearian SHARKspearian. So calm your tits and realize this.
2. Shakespear is acknowledged as a good writer who's work are considered great by some people, so when i said "It's almost shakespearian" i was thinking to it being almost great scene. I was using the word shakespearian as a synonyom for great. The music, the dialogue and the way the scene was like was in other words, almost great.
Plus fact it was quite theatrical.

3. I don't really care what by Dmc reboot is shakespearian or not, i only posted those videos to enlighten your mind about why i wrote "no pun intended" in the parenthesis.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
2. Shakespear is acknowledged as a good writer who's work are considered great by some people, so when i said "It's almost shakespearian" i was thinking to it being almost great scene. I was using the word shakespearian as a synonyom for great. The music, the dialogue and the way the scene was like was in other words, almost great.
Fair enough, but don't tell any Shakespearean scholars that DMC4 dialogue is anything like Shakespeare. They certainly wouldn't agree. They'd probably get quite angry at The Immortal Bard being compared to a Japanese video game :p Aside from that, it's not even written in the same early modern English style...Now that would be funny to see. I know it was attempted in this scene, but I wish they had gone full blown Shakespearean English. :lol:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Fair enough, but don't tell any Shakespearean scholars that DMC4 dialogue is anything like Shakespeare. They certainly wouldn't agree. They'd probably get quite angry at The Immortal Bard being compared to a Japanese video game :p Aside from that, it's not even written in the same early modern English style...Now that would be funny to see. I know it was attempted in this scene, but I wish they had gone full blown Shakespearean English. :lol:

lol that def would have been a scene to behold

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
is it not possible for me to enjoy a scene without having to answer to someone...
Same could be said with how much you bash the stuff that other people like.
1. I intentionally misspelled shakespearian SHARKspearian. So calm your tits and realize this.
You're still misspelling "Shakespearean." You can't blame me for having a tough time believing you. It's not the only thing you misspelled too.
What facts? You're just spouting your opinion yet again. You like it. Whatever. Enjoy.

3. I don't really care what by Dmc reboot is shakespearian or not, i only posted those videos to enlighten your mind about why i wrote "no pun intended" in the parenthesis.

But you still never made a pun and that's all I'm saying. You're just referencing the DmC stuff because you're trying to mock it. Simple as that.

8/

Top Bottom