• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory replies to a Tweet concerning DmC sequel

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
tumblr_n2l8rfg75s1t86mamo1_500.jpg

I guess that means that the next Devil May Cry game won't be DmC then.

(EDIT: I jumped the gun a little so I changed this post.)

I still have Constantine and Hellblazer...mostly Hellblazer still.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Well, I prefer the old DMC gameplay, story, style, atmosphere, and even its characters, so this is not bad news to me. Not good either, since there's no word about the development of any Devil May Cry game, but hey. Now Ninja Theory can stick to the games it does best. After all, DmC simply wasn't as good as the DMCs (except for DMC2) - every reviewer pretty much seems to agree. It's why people on this very forum rate it worse than DMC3 and some even DMC4. It's not bad either, but I don't see why you'd want a sequel to a game that was expected to do well, but turned out only decent.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Well, I prefer the old DMC gameplay, story, style, atmosphere, and even its characters, so this is not bad news to me.
At least one of us is happy.

Now Ninja Theory can stick to the games it does best. After all, DmC simply wasn't as good as the DMCs (except for DMC2) - every reviewer pretty much seems to agree.

It's not like I let reviewers on Youtube dictate what's a good game and what isn't. They can say whatever they please, doesn't make it any more true.

It's why people on this very forum rate it worse than DMC3 and some even DMC4.

By gameplay perspective, yeah I agree, but by environment, story, and characters, DMC3 and 4 are child's play in comparison.

But anyway, I guess we'll just wait and see.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Nah, I don't feel that DMC3, DMC1 or DMC4's stories were any worse than DmC's. It's just a different way of telling the story, and both ways (DMC and DmC) work. Sort of the same with the environments: you can't compare them because they're nothing alike. It would be like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ferrari or something. Anyway, as long as a Devil May Cry game will be made, I'm good.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
you'll have to excuse DM, him and I prefer more edgier and gritty stories with morals and actual heart compared to pretty boys and flamboyant anime tales told to appeal to the shonen crowd.

I'm not gonna pass judgement on Capcom's DMC5 until I see it for myself.

Too bad though, I was hoping to actually see what NT was gonna do with DmC. Maybe next time.

And who knows, plans can change.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
you'll have to excuse DM, him and I prefer more edgier and gritty stories with morals and actual heart compared to pretty boys and flamboyant anime tales told to appeal to the shonen crowd.

I'm not gonna pass judgement on Capcom's DMC5 until I see it for myself.

Too bad though, I was hoping to actually see what NT was gonna do with DmC. Maybe next time.

And who knows, plans can change.

Guy, I'm not trying to get in a fight with you, so there's no need to respond so insulted and sarcastically. 'Heart' can be found in all Devil May Cry games. If you find heart so important, and if it were not in the DMC games, you would not have played them. Flaw in your logic there. Unless DmC is the first Devil May Cry game you've played, of course, but I doubt that.

Also, DMC is played by all kinds of gamers, not just 'shounen' (boys). I find DMC3 and DMC4 to have refreshing humor. May not be typical of western culture, but that does not render it 'beneath' other games.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Guy, I'm not trying to get in a fight with you, so there's no need to respond so insulted and sarcastically. 'Heart' can be found in all Devil May Cry games. If you find 'heart' so important, and if it were not in the DMC games, you would not have played them. Flaw in your logic there. Unless DmC is the first Devil May Cry game you've played, of course, but I doubt that.

Also, DMC is played by all kinds of gamers, not just 'shounen' (boys). I find DMC3 and DMC4 to have refreshing humor. May not be typical of western culture, but that does not make it 'beneath' other games.

Not starting a fight, just an opinion.

But I'm just rambling. I was hoping for a DmC sequel but whatever, I'll just wait next time. Sorry to make you think I was arguing.

I'll wait for development and see what comes up.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Not starting a fight, just an opinion.

But I'm just rambling. I was hoping for a DmC sequel but whatever, I'll just wait next time.

I'll wait for development and see what comes up.

Yeah, maybe you're right... I guess I misunderstood what he was saying as being meant aggressively. Anyway, not important.

The Final Offer

We have to let Ninja Theory at least make their own game under their own rules. If research is done, making DmC was no easy task. I'd love for NT to make the sequel and all but, for now, I'd like for them to focus on their own direction with the experience they've gotten from Capcom's team.

This could mean a new IP with quite possibly the best combat and story in third person history. Who knows. I'm awaiting FFXV for now. I'll definitely include DmC Dante and DmC Vergil into my customizable party and I'll most definitely continue selecting Dante in Playstation all stars.

Now let's check on Ninja Theory characters.

tumblr_mdroxwYDT51rkqbhmo1_500.gif

Gawd dammit...

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Even though they discounted the possibility of a DmC sequel as of now, I have this feeling a DmC 2 is going to be released way sooner than a DMC 5. Even if Capcom decided to continue working on the original franchise, they'd have to hire a very good writer, good enough to close the holes they've poked in the last DMC.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Guy, I'm not trying to get in a fight with you, so there's no need to respond so insulted and sarcastically. 'Heart' can be found in all Devil May Cry games. If you find heart so important, and if it were not in the DMC games, you would not have played them. Flaw in your logic there. Unless DmC is the first Devil May Cry game you've played, of course, but I doubt that.

Also, DMC is played by all kinds of gamers, not just 'shounen' (boys). I find DMC3 and DMC4 to have refreshing humor. May not be typical of western culture, but that does not render it 'beneath' other games.

Well that is just the attitude some have around here, so you may have to get used to it if you decide to stick around.

Its also why I'm not as active as i used to be, the same old **** everytime.

It is one thing to give your opinion, but its another to be inconsiderate and harsh while giving it.

But to be fair this attitude comes from both sides of the fence really, those who like DmC and dislike the original and vice versa.

Just my two cents.

On the topic at hand, Well they didn't say "never", just "not right now" so there is still a possibility of a DmC 2, so lets not all hope on the F DMC5 bandwagon just yet.

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
For me personally I enjoyed the reboot just as much as I enjoyed DMC3 or 4 so if they chose to hold off on making a DmC2 in favor of making a DMC5 it wouldn't really be any skin off my back sense I enjoy both continuities, universes , whatever they are. If they did choose to make a DMC5 first something I would really like to see brought back would be the haunting atmosphere similar to what the first game had

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
imma just go ahead and say "this means: NO". DMC5 has already been announced. thats it. DmC is dead. forever. sorry to toss out what's left of the party cake but thats the truth. DMC5 is moving along. i won't bad mouth it or speak highly of it until i check out the production team.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
imma just go ahead and say "this means: NO". DMC5 has already been announced. thats it. DmC is dead. forever. sorry to toss out what's left of the party cake but thats the truth. DMC5 is moving along. i won't bad mouth it or speak highly of it until i check out the production team.

It's been announced? Where? Why aren't more people speaking of this announcement?

If I'm honest DmC or DMC5, I couldn't give a hoot... Some fans would moan if it was one or the other... fudge it, Imma going with the flow...

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
It's been announced? Where? Why aren't more people speaking of this announcement?

If I'm honest DmC or DMC5, I couldn't give a hoot... Some fans would moan if it was one or the other... fudge it, Imma going with the flow...

DMC5 has not been announced. I think he's referring to the fact that Capcom registered a trademark recently, called 'Devil May Cry'. It's most likely just the Devil May Cry movie. If it were DMC5, the trademark would simply say so.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC5 has not been announced. I think he's referring to the fact that Capcom registered a trademark recently, called 'Devil May Cry'. It's most likely just the Devil May Cry movie. If it were DMC5, the trademark would simply say so.

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up... :D

Or DMC's Trademark could've been up for renewal (I'm pretty sure they have to do that every so often, at least, that's what I keep telling myself :laugh:)

Top Bottom