• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Gaiden Black tip

aka958

Don't trust people
I've downloaded the Ninja Gaiden Black xbox originals game for Xbox360.
After coming very far in the game i noticed that the ghostfishes where a hell to kill, and i found a way to kill them easily and also get alot of yellow essence.

You just need the Vigoorian Flail and then you go into the area where they spawn and immediatly jump and hit the "X" button on the controller (I think it is called quick attack) to attack the ones who jump on you early. As fast as you hit the ground do a little combo so the rest that jumps on you die. Before the ones the respawns attacks you jump up and hit "X" and do a little combo so the rest dies and repeat until all fishes are dead.

After killing around 20 ghost fishes without dying your starting to get big yellow essence orbs.
A great place to die this over and over is at the palace compound near the core entrance at the big door to the gigantic stairway to the palace. There spawns totally 46 ghostfishes there and if you do it correctly you can gain up to 10 000 yellow essence. And if you go out of the little area and go back you'll see that the ghostfishes are back.

I dunno if anyone knows about the trick or if it is old news, i just wanted to share what i've learned by myself.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
It's relatively old news for people who play Ninja Gaiden religiously, but for those who need more essence and remain unaware of this tip, it is very useful, I remember sitting here for quite a while, just killing them to get enough essence to level up my wooden sword to max in the original Ninja Gaiden, while it made life easier, it was still a bitch to complete. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Ye i could not agree more. But i found this out when i had all five deites and had opened the last gate.

Mini tip that is useful and surely many knows about:
Learn all different weapons. I mean all of them, some are really useful at times.
Example: I just used Dragon Sword all the time. Even at the undeads at the underground place under the monestrary but i found out that the Vigoorian Flail is a excellent weapons to kill them and many other monsters.
Example 2: I always liked the Dragon Sword and Vigoorian Flail but i never liked Lunar but when i tried it out against the snow Yeti in missions and the gigantic Dragon in missions and found out that it was excellent.
Example 3: Diablahro, I liked it in the beginning but i grew tired of it being so slow and never used it for a long while, big mistake for me... I Saw that it was excellent for some missions.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Best weapons in the game, as far as I'm concerned were the Dragon Sword and Doku's Kitesu blades, loved those things.

Or if you just wanna cheat, grab the Dragon Sword and spam Flying Swallow.

aka958

Don't trust people
Doesn't work in Ninja Gaiden Black as they minimized the damage and power of the Flying Swallow so it is not so much to count on in Ninja Gaiden Black.

Top Bottom