• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ni-Oh is alive, Team Ninja aiding development

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ni-Oh, an action-adventure title announced by KOEI before PlayStation 3 launched in 2006, is apparently still in development. Though we’ve heard no word from it for years, the most recent issue of Famitsu has assured readers that the game is still well underway.

According to their tidbit of information, the game’s no longer an action-adventure title, but rather an action RPG. The action portion of the game is beinig handled by Ninja Gaiden developers Team Ninja, as well.

Ni-Oh was announced as a game about a lost script from legendary Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa. Its protagonist was a blonde-haired samurai who needed to discover his own destiny during the 16th century. That’s basically all we knew about it.

Hopefully we’ll hear more out of the game soon. We’ll keep you updated.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

This seems to be one of Team Ninja's under development games. As much as I think this looks great, I still prefer Devil May Cry 5. I hope that Devil May Cry will be shown in TGS 2010...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
This is the first I've heard of this game. Ni-Oh is sounding like it could be quite a promising title and I'll definitely be keeping my ears open for any further news.

Top Bottom