• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

News: Kojima might work on Metal Gear Solid 5

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
There are good news and bad news. Good news is that Hideo Kojima might work on Metal Gear Solid 5. Bad news is that Zone of the Enders 3 will be delayed further until notice.

During an interview with the latest issue of Famitsu, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has said that his next project will either be Metal Gear Solid 5 or something completely original. He teases the project as “amazing” during the conversation.

“The next project is amazing. The plan is pretty much solidified. Although recently, it has wavered a bit,” Kojima told Famitsu.

“For the next game I make, it’s either Metal Gear Solid 5 or an original game. I only have these two choices.”

Without being asked, Kojima quickly brought up Zone of the Enders 3, saying: “Regarding Anubis and so-forth, sorry — those will be pushed a bit into the future. I’m 47 this year, and I don’t know when something might happen (laughs).”

Kojima boasts that this next project will be “something great” and a “revolution”. He says that they’ll be able to accomplish what they couldn’t do in PSP’s Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

According to Kojima, the engine for his next game is already up and running and tech preps are already being made. He said that he’s gathered his top staff for his new game – but assures that development on Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Metal Gear Solid 3DS, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow are still progressing well.

Kojima says that it’ll take maybe two to three years before he’s be able to get out his next title.

“I’ll be slowly making my game on a console. However, even though I say slowly, it can’t take three years. Only Japanese companies are taking time. Overseas, they don’t take so much time for development. Assassin’s Creed saw an announcement at E3 even though one was just released last year. With this in mind, I believe you can’t take more than a little over two years for development.”

The interviewer theorized that Kojima would release his game by 2012 or the end of 2011. To this, Kojima added: “Once I’ve started moving, I move fast.”

He did say that all Kojima Productions titles will be released in the order that they were announced. That would mean Castlevania: Lords of Shadows for this year, Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Metal Gear Solid 3DS most likely for 2011, and his next title most likely for 2012.

Thanks, Andriasang.

Update: Article rewrite. Better source with more information.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/07/kojima-might-work-on-metal-gear-solid-5

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thanks Chaos.Although it's kinda hard to see what MGS5 could be...

Anyway,too bad ZOE got pushed back.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Oh so MGS5 isn't Rising or MGS3DS?

cool MGS5 would obviously make a lot more money and attention than something totally new that not half as many people will be interested in. He would be silly to think that just because he is Kojima that everything he touches is as popular as MGS. (as much of a God as he is)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;256983 said:
Thanks Chaos.Although it's kinda hard to see what MGS5 could be...

Anyway,too bad ZOE got pushed back.

No problem. ^_^

Same here. It is hard to imagine what will Metal Gear Solid 5 could be. However, we have Metal Gear Solid: Rising on development, and we can play that when it is released while waiting for new MGS5 news. :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^True...though the initial plans for MGS 5 was simply MGS PW and then it became the compilation PW and Rising and then they simply put them as they are now.

So it's as you say...it really is hard for us to imagine what MGS5 is.

And something I forgot :

It seems Kojima-san really is fired up.Glad to see a video game maker as heated up as he is.That being said,I hope Nomura and all of Falcom keep the same spirit up for the years to come.:)

If only Koba could do that,intsead of spouting nonsense and slaveworking his team...>_<

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;257009 said:
^True...though the initial plans for MGS 5 was simply MGS PW and then it became the compilation PW and Rising and then they simply put them as they are now.

So it's as you say...it really is hard for us to imagine what MGS5 is.

And something I forgot :

It seems Kojima-san really is fired up.Glad to see a video game maker as heated up as he is.That being said,I hope Nomura and all of Falcom keep the same spirit up for the years to come.:)

If only Koba could do that,intsead of spouting nonsense and slaveworking his team...

Hideo Kojima is one of the only dedicated video game makers I have ever seen. We can only hope that other video game developers will learn from him how to make good games, like Hiroyuki Kobayashi and others.

^Is Koba's full name is Hiroyuki Kobayashi? Then, it is true. That guy is a slavemaster without any good ideas. It is a shame that Shinji Mikami left Capcom. That guy is great.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
*Headdesk*

Okay, I'm as big a fan of MGS as the next guy, love the series to death, but GOD DAMN IT why do we need another Metal Gear Solid? MGS4 tied up ALL possible loose ends in the plot and wrapped up every story arc that there's nothing else that can really be done.

And besides, unless they do another prequel, Kojima can't go any further with it, Solid Snake will be unreasonably old by that point and unable to do anything, replacing him with anyone else would mean it's no longer Metal Gear Solid.

However, I will say that I'll be happy if it's another Big Boss based game, because I love that guy.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angelo Credo;257025 said:
*Headdesk*

Okay, I'm as big a fan of MGS as the next guy, love the series to death, but GOD DAMN IT why do we need another Metal Gear Solid? MGS4 tied up ALL possible loose ends in the plot and wrapped up every story arc that there's nothing else that can really be done.

And besides, unless they do another prequel, Kojima can't go any further with it, Solid Snake will be unreasonably old by that point and unable to do anything, replacing him with anyone else would mean it's no longer Metal Gear Solid.

However, I will say that I'll be happy if it's another Big Boss based game, because I love that guy.

Hopefully, MGS5 will features Big Boss when he is old, like MGS design. I loved his design when he is old, especially in
MGS4
. :D:D:D:D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aw, crap. I'm not a big fan of MGS, so hearing that ZOE3 is being pushed back is complete bullcrap...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Chaos Master;257012 said:
Hideo Kojima is one of the only dedicated video game makers I have ever seen. We can only hope that other video game developers will learn from him how to make good games, like Hiroyuki Kobayashi and others.

^Is Koba's full name is Hiroyuki Kobayashi? Then, it is true. That guy is a slavemaster without any good ideas. It is a shame that Shinji Mikami left Capcom. That guy is great.

Yup that's Koba's full name.After Sengoku BASARA and Devil May Cry 3,he just pigged out shamelessly.I mean,he was so dedicated and really cared[that's how it seemed to me,he made plans for a full time manga he was in,made plans for a "Vergil Edition" should somme ***h0lles cancel for "unknown reasons",he changed BASARA to Devil Kings avoiding this translation r4p3 we are getting now].I seriously can't imagine what happened next.

Also,while Kojima is very dedicated,so is Nomura.That's the only two video game makers/planners and gammers themselves that are known worldwide.Other less known are : Daisuke Ishiwatari[Guilty Gear],the guys at Platinum games[though I suppose they have reached worldwide level by now?] and cyberconnect 2[cc2].

Now for japan-only dedicated guys the cake goes as well to : Falcom,Nitro+,Type/Moon, and Banpresto.Those guys are something too.

@ mr.Credo : They could do a Metal Gear Solid 5 with Solid Snake.It will have to be either a prequel or a midquel.[Between MGS and MG 2 probably?]Otherwise,expect a big boss game.His saga isn't over yet,unlike Solid's.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I really really hope it is a remake or of the originals. Recreating that moment where young rookie Snake and Old Big Boss go toe to toe has the potential to blow all past MGS bosses out of the water. I can just imagine getting my ass handed to me by Big Boss' expert CQC in an awesome end boss fight. Fighting him as a villain after all those prequels would almost feel surreal now.

Plus the series feels like there is still a big dip in the middle that needs to be brought up to 3D with VA. This isn't one of those usual
"remake it because it not as good and a newer one in the series I just played"
MGS1 didn't need to be remade and thats why twin snakes sucked but the originals do because they are ridiculously old.
The events in those games were really important to the overall series and its really hard to appreciate how epic some of those moments were when the gameplay, sound and graphics are the way they are. You just can't "feel" it like you can with every other MGS and the reason is because they didn't have the technology to give it to us back then. But they do now.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Man this guy works hard on his games.

I am waiting for Rising, the first MGS that i played was MGS2 sooo i want to play as Raiden again.

Top Bottom