• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Zelda Game/Crossover

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So one day some guys were at Nintendo wee smoking cocaine and taking speed and Miyamoto went.

"Hey what if we combined this

View attachment 881

with this

dw6image2.jpg

Well this

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How to revive two stagnating franchises. Hooray.

Seriously though, I've always wanted a Zelda May Cry. This is close enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
How to revive two stagnating franchises. Hooray.

Seriously though, I've always wanted a Zelda May Cry. This is close enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Based on what I've seen thus far of an early build its looks a bit more impressive than Dynasty Warriors.

I hope the character roster is just Link and like say a few other characters like Zelda/Sheik and focus on quality rather than quantity (Dynasty Warriors biggest flaw).

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Based on what I've seen thus far of an early build its looks a bit more impressive than Dynasty Warriors.

I hope the character roster is just Link and like say a few other characters like Zelda/Sheik and focus on quality rather than quantity (Dynasty Warriors biggest flaw).
I want Ganondorf with a sword, please and thank you. Well, Link would fit in the archetype of the typical sword wielding characters like Sun Jian and Mitsuhide Akechi from Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. Zelda could be the rapier or speedy sword characters like Nuwa. She could also end up as a magic, tactician character like Zhuge Liang or Mitsunari Ishida. Sheik and/or Impa would be the staple fast characters like Lu Xun and Nene. If Ganondorf or perhaps Demise makes it in, then they could be the Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda of "Hyrule Warriors". Hell, Ganondorf even has an unique horse affiliated with him.

Anyway, since there might be dialogue, how are they going to handle Link then? Everyone but Link talks, so what, do the enemies talk for him? Usually, when you encounter an enemy officer, they'll say something, but Link's mute. So, if you're playing as someone other than Link and encounter him as an enemy officer, does your character say stuff instead?

Also, given that Ocarina of Time said there was a war before it, this could be a representation of said war, except not canon unless Nintendo says so. I mean, there's always a hero to unite the world and Link is usually that hero in his games so Link could of stopped the war and preventing people from murdering themselves over the Triforce.

Well, looks like Tecmo Koei commands Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Gundam Warriors, Bladestorm: Hundred Years War, Warriors Orochi, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, and now, Hyrule Warriors. Basically, they have the Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Han Dynasty and Three Kingdoms, the Sengoku Period or the Warring States Period, the Hundred Years' War aka England and France still not being friendly to each other, whatever the hell the wars in Gundam and One Piece were, the Orochi mythology-themed games, and wars in Zelda whatever they might be. Even though the games aren't that great - it really becomes mindless and monotonous -, they still have an impressive history of covering Chinese, Japanese, and English-French history, Japanese and Chinese mythology, and three well-known works of fiction: the Gundam series, One Piece, and the Zelda franchise. Now, adding Fatal Frame, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, and the strategy games like Nobunga's Ambition and Pokemon Conquest, they have mindless hack n' slash, refined hack n' slash, old-school 8-bit, fighting games, horror, and strategy. It's a shame, though, that only the mindless hack n' slash and fighting games are focused. People really want to see another Fatal Frame, another Ninja Gaiden - ignoring Ninja Gaiden 3 since most felt it was poorly designed -, and another strategy game couldn't hurt.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I want Ganondorf with a sword, please and thank you. Well, Link would fit in the archetype of the typical sword wielding characters like Sun Jian and Mitsuhide Akechi from Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. Zelda could be the rapier or speedy sword characters like Nuwa. She could also end up as a magic, tactician character like Zhuge Liang or Mitsunari Ishida. Sheik and/or Impa would be the staple fast characters like Lu Xun and Nene. If Ganondorf or perhaps Demise makes it in, then they could be the Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda of "Hyrule Warriors". Hell, Ganondorf even has an unique horse affiliated with him.

Anyway, since there might be dialogue, how are they going to handle Link then? Everyone but Link talks, so what, do the enemies talk for him? Usually, when you encounter an enemy officer, they'll say something, but Link's mute. So, if you're playing as someone other than Link and encounter him as an enemy officer, does your character say stuff instead?

Also, given that Ocarina of Time said there was a war before it, this could be a representation of said war, except not canon unless Nintendo says so. I mean, there's always a hero to unite the world and Link is usually that hero in his games so Link could of stopped the war and preventing people from murdering themselves over the Triforce.

Well, looks like Tecmo Koei commands Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Gundam Warriors, Bladestorm: Hundred Years War, Warriors Orochi, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, and now, Hyrule Warriors. Basically, they have the Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Han Dynasty and Three Kingdoms, the Sengoku Period or the Warring States Period, the Hundred Years' War aka England and France still not being friendly to each other, whatever the hell the wars in Gundam and One Piece were, the Orochi mythology-themed games, and wars in Zelda whatever they might be. Even though the games aren't that great - it really becomes mindless and monotonous -, they still have an impressive history of covering Chinese, Japanese, and English-French history, Japanese and Chinese mythology, and three well-known works of fiction: the Gundam series, One Piece, and the Zelda franchise. Now, adding Fatal Frame, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, and the strategy games like Nobunga's Ambition and Pokemon Conquest, they have mindless hack n' slash, refined hack n' slash, old-school 8-bit, fighting games, horror, and strategy. It's a shame, though, that only the mindless hack n' slash and fighting games are focused. People really want to see another Fatal Frame, another Ninja Gaiden - ignoring Ninja Gaiden 3 since most felt it was poorly designed -, and another strategy game couldn't hurt.

Actually they're working on a new Ninja Gaiden.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/18/team-ninja-working-next-ninja-gaiden-game/

As for Link speaking, he could be like Kotaro Fuma or Tadakatsu Honda in Sengoku Basara who just doesn't talk at all.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Actually they're working on a new Ninja Gaiden.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/18/team-ninja-working-next-ninja-gaiden-game/

As for Link speaking, he could be like Kotaro Fuma or Tadakatsu Honda in Sengoku Basara who just doesn't talk at all.

Actually, Tadakatsu Honda does talk, but since no one understands Gundamian or Gundam speak, we can't understand him.

Yeah, I know that Tecmo Koei is making another Ninja Gaiden, I wonder what's going to happen. Hopefully they pull a Devil May Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 2, or *insert title that improved on its badly received predecessor*. I mean, Ninja Gaiden 3 did do some things well besides better graphics, but people say that NG2 was much better than Ninja Gaiden when it was released. NG2 lessened the use of cheap enemy tactics and such which I think NG3 did that even more. One thing they could do is make weapon switching much more streamlined, compared to DMC, God of War, and hell, even Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden always had a clunky weapon switching system. Balanced enemies and weapons would be nice since this series is kind of notorious for cheap kills and annoying enemy designs like those hell fish thingies in well, hell. Weapon upgrades could be handled a bit better, too. A simple story would work better than trying to create emotional response from players. Japan has tons of mythology like the rest of world, Tecmo Koei could incorporate that into the story. Oh, the evil demon thingie from our mythology is the main villain, Ryu must stop him and along the way, meets other demons who might be good, evil, or neutral along with other allies. Also, please no more Sigma editions or whatever, it's really stupid to buy the first version and have the better, patched up version come out like 6 months later. They don't need to make a wonderful story or completely revamp the combat system - steel on bones or whatever didn't work as well, it kind of broke the game I think -, just make small steps, fix the bad, and improving on the strengths.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah they should really stop with expansion games, for fighters I can remotely understand.

Yeah they need a better weapon switch system. That is all I want from a Ninja Gaiden game......as well as Hayate from DOA being playable we need at least ONE other dude other than Ryu.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm rather excited for this. It seems like a fun little side game. Plus, I like getting to see new takes on older ideas, so seeing how they transfer Zelda things into a large-scale action game will be interesting, especially stuff like him using that fire staff.

When he flipped and the camera turned to showing him facing a crap-ton of moblins, I was immediately reminded of the end of Skyward Sword when Link is rushing towards the big bad's seat of power, and there's just gigantic waves moblins to cut through - one of the most satisfying moments in that game.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I'm rather excited for this. It seems like a fun little side game. Plus, I like getting to see new takes on older ideas, so seeing how they transfer Zelda things into a large-scale action game will be interesting, especially stuff like him using that fire staff.

When he flipped and the camera turned to showing him facing a crap-ton of moblins, I was immediately reminded of the end of Skyward Sword when Link is rushing towards the big bad's seat of power, and there's just gigantic waves moblins to cut through - one of the most satisfying moments in that game.
Well, waiting for big releases are never fun, so Nintendo like other companies are doing things to lessen that wait period. In Zelda's case, they released Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds. That's one console release (or re-release) and one handheld release. Now, we have this side project, so 3 or 2 1/2 - if Hyrule Warriors isn't considered a full Zelda game - Zelda games in a span of about a year, and if we're counting Skyward Sword, then 3 1/2 to 4 Zelda games in about 2 years until the next Zelda comes out. That's a lot of Zelda games.

Before Skyward Sword, there was only Ocarina of Time 3D, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess. TP and PH were released within a year of each other; 2006 and '07. Two years for PH to SP and SP to OoT 3D and FS: AE; 2007 and '09; 2009 and '11. Skyward Sword was released a year after that. So, 5 games within a 6 year period with 2 being re-releases: Ocarina of Time 3D and Four Swords Anniversary Edition. It's about a game per year or a game per two years depending on how you look at it. If it's only console releases, then a game per 6 years since Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were the only console releases during that time period. As for handheld games, about a game per two years.

If we were looking at Kid Icarus games, Fire Emblem games, or even F-Zero games, we'd be getting even worse games per years; there hasn't been a F-Zero game since 2004 while Kid Icarus finally gets another game after 21 years; recent game was released in 2012 and the game before it was in 1991. Metroid and Star Fox are starting to head into this. While Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Kirby are getting out of it. I really want to see another Metroid, F-Zero, and Star Fox game even though I like Metroid more than the other two. Mario games are like 2-5 games per year since there's Mario Party, Mario Kart, 2D Mario platformers, 3D Mario platformers, Mario RPG games, Paper Mario, Mario sports games, and educational Mario games. Princess Peach should get another game starring her and more Luigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi - one of the most irrelavent characters to exist - wouldn't hurt. Daisy was supposedly the less useless of Peach which is saying something after seeing Peach in Super Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, etc. so she could be an escaped princess who teams up with Luigi. Rosalina could have some space, action game with gravity and magic-centered gameplay. Remember Wario World? It was a good game, but it was short, kind of like Luigi's Mansion, plus you got to play with a character who actually knows how to defeat enemies unlike Mario. I mean come on, Mario, just kick the damn Goomba instead of jumping on it. Waluigi could have a Wario game spin off like Luigi did. Waluigi's Town, maybe? Anyway, I digress.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I hope the Dynasty Warriors gimmick of having the characters talk non-stop will allow for some recorded dialogue in a Zelda game....maybe not Link since he doesn't speak but for the other characters because reading text on my TV IS NOT FUN.

This is the 21ts century Nintendo GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

Top Bottom