• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New "Missing" Dante Poll

Which Dante should star in his own game?

• DMC4 Prototype Dante

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Anime Dante

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • SMT Dante

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I know that there's another poll here, but there were a few Dante's missing. Coincidentally, they were also the Dante's that I liked more than the other versions.

Prototype DMC4:

dante-devil-may-cry-4.jpg

This Dante has one of the best designs I've seen from Capcom. I wish this version had been in DMC4.

Anime Dante:

dante+sparda+anime.jpg

I like the look of this Dante because he finally took up the (finalized) red suit & coat, but didn't give up Rebellion. That, and his coat is much longer and he's slimmer than all the other Dante's, giving him a rather sleek look.

SMT Dante:

6-SMT008.jpg

Finally, my personal favorite. This Dante had a calm personality without being almost nonexistent like he was in DMC2. And I know I've said this before, but they got the eyes right this time, due to the fact that he looks identical to the DMC2 box cover art. Not to mention he makes for one really hard jrpg boss battle.

Stangely enough, graphical DMC2 Dante didn't look nearly as good as his SMT/Box Art counterpart. I daresay he even looked somewhat unattractive in comparison.

So, there you have it. You may think it's redundant, but since those Dante's weren't on the other list, I say that this poll is still somewhat valid.

Cast your vote: Which Dante (from my list) is most deserving of DMC5 or "Rebirth" (not to be confused with "reboot")?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
SMT Dante seemed like the perfect Dante for me. Though DMC1 Dante was boring in character, SMT Dante seemed to have that character down packed. And that outfit was definitely to die for.

Even so, I choose anime Dante, because he didn't try to waste my time with annoying one liners and a "I'm better then everyone by the way I talk ****" attitude. He was just chill.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah like I said, these Dante's have the look and attitude down right. It's ironic that these are the very same Dante's that don't have their own game. This just proves that Capcom have no idea what they're doing.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Yeah like I said, these Dante's have the look and attitude down right. It's ironic that these are the very same Dante's that don't have their own game. This just proves that Capcom have no idea what they're doing.

Yeah, I do find it ironic that diffrent people could make a better Dante then Capcom can.

hell 2010 new Dante was looking promising, but Capcom stepped in and made him too much like the old Dantes.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Meh..prototype Dante just looks like his DMC3's self

Original Design of Dante is the best and most complete even though DMC2's Dante has the best looks his coat just seems unfinished

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Prototype DMC4 Dante. That should've been him, not that anime knock-off having too much of a fashion statement...

Anime Dante is already in Project X Zone with Dmitri from DarkStalkers and DMC3 Lady.

SMT2 Dante may be basically DMC2 Dante in design, but at least Atlus got his attitude right.

All-in-all, I prefer Prototype DMC4 Dante. Maybe his attitude would've been like that of DMC1 Dante's... Such a shame Capcom decided not to use that design, like how they disregarded NT's earlier concept arts of Dante being so close to the original...
Oh, I knew that comparison was coincidental!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, I do find it ironic that diffrent people could make a better Dante then Capcom can.

hell 2010 new Dante was looking promising, but Capcom stepped in and made him too much like the old Dantes.

You do know with the exception of SMT Dante the prototype DMC4 & Anime Dante were made BY Capcom.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I was only referring to SMT Dante.

Weren't very specific about it.

SMT Dante behaved very similar to VJ Dante just less goofy or better yet a DMC2 Dante that talked a bit more cause the stuff he says sounds like stuff DMC2 Dante would say.

"A False Coin for a False God"

"King, yea, here is your crown."

He did all of DMC2 Dante's stunts and tricks and even has the same expressions & even talks with the same melanch

Plus considering that SMT: Nocturne is a more story driven RPG than DMC2 that doesn't have voice overs (for the most part) there was much more use to more dialogue than DMC2.

SMT Dante is practically a DMC2 Dante that talks more. He isn't a better version nor did Atlus go all their way to make a truly unique Dante (DMC1,DMC2,DMC3,DMC4,DmC,Anime Dante). This is Dante practically based off of DMC2 Dante.

I mean in VJ Dante didn't behave a 100% like he was in DMC1 but Kamiya also made DMC1.

Top Bottom