• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Details From Play Magazine

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
In the latest issue of Play Magazine ( #217 ) a 2 page spread dedicated to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance reveals additional details about the spinoff.

The publication explains why PlatinumGames changed the enemies in the game from the human soldiers that we saw in the original E3 2010 trailer made by Kojima Productions to cyborgs. The human enemies were removed to avoid censorship issues in Japan.

The only additional details about gameplay that was shared, other than what has already been made public, is that Raiden will have the ability to parry attacks even when his back is turned. This is a common feature found in most games developed by PG.

Proving they can work as fast as the gameplay in their titles, under PlatinumGames the new script for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in which Raiden is contracted for VIP protection was rewrote in 2 months. In contrast, it took Kojima Productions some 10 months to do so.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has no solid release date but it’s expected to hit store shelves late this year. A playable demo for the game will be on hand at E3 2012 in June.

Source: http://thesilentchief.com/2012/04/08/new-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-details-from-play-magazine/

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Censorship issues in Japan?
Ohhh. I was interested up until I saw
Raiden is contracted for VIP protection
I can't stand those types of games.

It'll be interesting to see what the demo is like though

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I can't keep a straight face. ("Revengeance" is a joke word some friends and I have been using for a few years to sub-title our joke mashup movie posters, revenge + vengeance = omg.)

I actually did not mind the character Raiden when he first appeared in MGS2, and I couldn't believe all the fuss over his hair and the fact he looked more like a boy/girl than a big, grizzled GRRRRRRAWR man's man like Snake. His ending was actually upbeat in that game. When they brought him back for MGS4 I was like, my God, what have they done to him? Wasn't his life depressing enough? Then again, after I finally played through that game with Snake, I felt like *I* had a terminal illness. ¬_¬

So if this is more of the same, plus it's writing is not going to be handled personally by Kojima then... I really don't think I'll be playing it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I only bought it a couple of years ago. Still haven't got to that part yet :lol:... so i just look at the pic on google

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I was a bit bemused by how he'd rather cover his modesty than fight properly in that part. Also, why did Ocelot need to strip him totally naked? The old perv. :lol:

ZeroLove

I was a bit bemused by how he'd rather cover his modesty than fight properly in that part. Also, why did Ocelot need to strip him totally naked? The old perv. :lol:

Haha, yeah, I loved that part. XD
Though "Revengeance" sounds odd, it still looks like it is going to be an awesome game. Raiden is my favourite Metal Gear character and I love him being a cyborg ninja. :D

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I sort of consider the cyborg ninja Raiden as a "Raiden reboot" that could do well if the gameplay is good and the story well done. Although I don't consider him to have much at all in common with the Raiden of MGS2. His jaw creeps me out a bit, I'll admit.

ZeroLove

I sort of consider the cyborg ninja Raiden as a "Raiden reboot" that could do well if the gameplay is good and the story well done. Although I don't consider him to have much at all in common with the Raiden of MGS2. His jaw creeps me out a bit, I'll admit.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is canon and Raiden was a cyborg ninja in that one as well. So I don't know what you mean with Raiden being rebooted as a cyborg ninja. It was just the next step in making him unique from Snake, since he was alot like Snake in MGS2. Not personality wise, but the way he fought and played was just Snake 2.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It was the next step to make him different from Snake. I can see why they did it. I just don't much like it. Raiden's story should have ended with him going off with Rose and with hope for the future.

Top Bottom