• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New guy reporting in

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Hey everyone I'm DDutchguy and I like Devil May Cry games, hence why I've made an account on this forum. This is quite an interesting place to me because when I look at certain status updates and discussions, it feels like this forum is a chill place more than anything. I've had an account on Testyourmight.com (a forum for Mortal Kombat games) and over there it's nearly always about the game and things related to it.

This forum is quite different and I think that's a good thing. People seem to hang around here with others that have common interests and overall just having a good time (without things always being about DMC), that's quite refreshing to me.

Played DMC4 to death, excellent game. Played DmC even more to death and I honestly prefer it over 4. I have DMC3 on Steam but the PC port is pretty bad so I first have to figure out how to allow weapon switching on my Xbox controller.

Alright so that's the introduction, happy to be here!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yo dude welcome to the forum. Lemme be the first to help you with something.

I have DMC3 on Steam but the PC port is pretty bad so I first have to figure out how to allow weapon switching on my Xbox controller.

So, I have the DVD version so I don't know if Steam automatically updates the game to patch... uhm... I believe is 1.3. Anyway, you'll need that patch to install the Style Switcher mod, available both at DMC3 Nexus and Infernal Works.

That mod makes the game run smoother, allows for modern resolutions settings, fixes gamepad compatibility and settings, and allows you to mess around with some fun cosmetic stuff like changing aura colors etc. And of course if you want to, allows you to switch Styles on the fly like DMC4. It's a great mod that fixes many of the PC version's problems and adds awesome gameplay content. You'll be amazed, check it out. It should fix everything.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Yo dude welcome to the forum. Lemme be the first to help you with something.

So, I have the DVD version so I don't know if Steam automatically updates the game to patch... uhm... I believe is 1.3. Anyway, you'll need that patch to install the Style Switcher mod, available both at DMC3 Nexus and Infernal Works.

That mod makes the game run smoother, allows for modern resolutions settings, fixes gamepad compatibility and settings, and allows you to mess around with some fun cosmetic stuff like changing aura colors etc. And of course if you want to, allows you to switch Styles on the fly like DMC4. It's a great mod that fixes many of the PC version's problems and adds awesome gameplay content. You'll be amazed, check it out. It should fix everything.

I actually did try downloading it, but when I patched the game for Style Switcher the game would instantly crash. Only with the mod removed could I play the game.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I actually did try downloading it, but when I patched the game for Style Switcher the game would instantly crash. Only with the mod removed could I play the game.

If you tried the newest version, try earlier ones. I myself use an old version. Or you could try post on the Nexus for the author to help you. Maybe search for other people who had the same problem.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Cheers fox and it includes all jc in all games Inc DmC ddutchghy

I am not able to get on too often but if u need advice i will give it when i can through pm or whatever.

I am a good friend of 2bepowers aswell so if you wanna get a live training session come drop by his twitch stream sometime.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm a little late, but hello and welcome to the forums.
Lots of really cool people here, and we all have common interests that we just love to talk about, discuss, and just plain geek out together, about the series, as well as other games, movies, tv, comics ect.
Hope you enjoy it here ;)

Top Bottom