• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry HD Collection trailer

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin

There's something about Twitch Prime members getting a free copy of Devil May Cry (1?) at the end of the trailer that might benefit some of you. Not especially well versed in Twitch, myself, so do with that info what you will.

The Devil May Cry HD Collection is due for release on PC, Xbox One and PS4 on March 13.

Not gonna lie - I'm liking the new HD sheen on this; looks better than what I'm seeing with the games emulated and upscaled on PCSX2.

I'm going to try and reach out to Capcom to see if they'd be willing to sponsor a competition like they did with the Xbox 360/PS3 HD Collection release.

Edit: Got in touch with Capcom-unity via Twitter. If you want to help us have our voice heard and hopefully get more competitions and partnership schemes in place, consider retweeting and having your say, too.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Good. You made one. I didn't want to start a thread over something so small so I can put it here.

DMCHD is available for pre-order on PSN and it comes with 3 (with pre-order only) themes for the PS4.

26 days to release.

:unsure:
7001... It just doesn't have the same impact...

berto

I Saw the Devil
On an odd side note, I don't really like the trailer. It's kinda over blown. I specially realize that we live in a time where something like 60fps is so crucial to people that you have to make a huge note of it. It bugs me. We've become frame rate nazis and graphics whores. A game is no longer fun or interesting unless it's super pretty. I can't deny the appeal of a smooth framerate and awesome graphics but they're not everything, there is no need to advertise it upfront and if I cared that much I'd check with Digital Foundry. I don't know, it kinda bugs me.

I don't get how you get to play DMC1 if you have switch prime. It's free with Amazon Prime but I don't know of any free game things. Maybe Capcom will let us know.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
We've become frame rate nazis and graphics whores. A game is no longer fun or interesting unless it's super pretty. I can't deny the appeal of a smooth framerate and awesome graphics but they're not everything, there is no need to advertise it upfront and if I cared that much I'd check with Digital Foundry. I don't know, it kinda bugs me.
I agree. The whole 60 fps/1080p thing always seemed so overblown to me.
Edit: Although though maybe it makes a little more sense to advertise that on a re-release that's main purpose seems to be a visual up scaling

berto

I Saw the Devil
Play the original Devil May Cry free with Twitch Prime membership, starting on February 27

Devil May Cry HD Collection is just a month away from its release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One… but we want to kick this party off a little early. Here’s how you can get in on it:

Starting on February 27, we’re letting you play the very first Devil May Cry for free! This limited-time offer will get you the PC version of the game through the Twitch Desktop App, where you’ll also be able to purchase the full collection. Visit Twitch.tv on the 27th, log in to your Twitch Prime account and claim the original Devil May Cry for free. There’s even a free trial you can sign up for at twitchprime.com.

And to hold you over for the next two weeks, above is a brand new trailer featuring some Smokin’ Sick Stylish combos.

Devil May Cry HD Collection includes the first three Devil May Cry games and will be available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018 both digitally and at retail for $29.99. Read up more details on each of the games on our announcement blog post right here.

capcom-unity.com

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, I just noticed that the Steam page for the game has a language support listing. It has seven languages, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and so on, for the interface and subtitles with English audio support, but here's the plot twist, it also lists Spanish audio support. That's news to me. Were the other releases like this? Did I just not know that DMC came with a Spanish dub before?

PS:
Website up.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/devilhd/

package_img02.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Apparently, at least on PC, DMC1 now has full subtitles. For those that don’t remember, DMC1 only ever had subtitles for the enemies. Dante and Trish had none, and you could only hear everything they said clearly if you have a surround sound in your room or a pretty good headset. This means that they put a bit of work into the game rather than just straight port the las gen version and it makes me wonder if they made any other changes, like fixing all those bugs on the original port.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
This means that they put a bit of work into the game rather than just straight port the las gen version and it makes me wonder if they made any other changes, like fixing all those bugs on the original port.

A good point raised there. We'll have to wait and see on the 13th (for me anyway via PS4).

berto

I Saw the Devil
A good point raised there. We'll have to wait and see on the 13th (for me anyway via PS4).
I'd like to tell you if that's the case, since I have a copy of 1 on PC, but I've been at work all week and I haven't gotten a chance to get through the game and see what's what. Maybe I'll get some time off tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
I'd like to tell you if that's the case, since I have a copy on PC of 1 on PC, but I've been at work all week and I haven't gotten a chance to get through the game and see what's what. Maybe I'll get some time off tomorrow.

I look forward to your answer on the case once you get chance to play. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I look forward to your answer on the case once you get chance to play. :)
Well, I haven't but I was watching the video I posted and I can tell of a few things. That thing where the life bar sticks around when you're changing weapons has been fixed, the volume of the shotgun blast has been normalized so it doesn't sound blasting the speakers, but, and I haven't played the PS2 version in years, the audio on the BG of the section where you first take control has a slight but noticeable pause before it loops which I'm pretty sure wasn't in the original.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Launch Trailer.
Not really anything that different from the announcement trailer, just edited differently.

Top Bottom