• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New swordmasters future DMCs?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Z218

Well yeah he'd have a advantage but I'm thinking more a guy who is at lest wiser and that's how he can compensate for lack of demon power

Also had the idea of a true nifhilem(spelling not my strong suit sorry)
A half Angel half human or even a dhpire like a blade type to compete with his power
Sounds like a good way to pitch a NG or Darkstalkers crossover.......:cool: but yeah i get what your saying.

I wanted to do a take on angels that had recruited the best of humanity to join their ranks. So thats a way to make classic Eva an angel and make her a badass.

HeroOfTime

Sounds like a good way to pitch a NG or Darkstalkers crossover.......:cool: but yeah i get what your saying.

I wanted to do a take on angels that had recruited the best of humanity to join their ranks. So thats a way to make classic Eva an angel and make her a badass.
Maybe make her return as a Angel? As she was so pure in life she earned it heck if we go that way we could even bring back a reformed and changed Virgil

And NG and DMC. Crossover yes please as for darkstarkers* I'm all for that as well

But ether way adding more hunters is kinda needed to show humans arnt just stupid lol

Edit: i hate spell check

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I made a joke about nero becoming a 600 year old kitsune in the reboot so I wouldn't mind if Dante interacts with a kitsune.

I'm pretty sure there is a spoof of Ninja Turtles we can do with a group of Kappas. If Ninja Gaiden won't do the smart thing and make us of Yokai let DMC benefit from their loss.

HeroOfTime

Lol that soinds great! We could even refrence Demigods to add a new character with a twist of devin power the first game did show some greek and roman themes

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tbh i don't really see most human hunters using swords to fight demons because a gun is just easier to use. Granted Lady walks around with a huge rocket launcher so i could be wrong.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Tbh i don't really see most human hunters using swords to fight demons because a gun is just easier to use. Granted Lady walks around with a huge rocket launcher so i could be wrong.

True.

But if there are swords like a dao, jian, rapier or scimitar, would you give some to half-breeds who're like Dante & Vergil?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Perhaps half-breeds?

Swordwielders? Anyone that uses a rapier? Scimitar? Claymore?
It sounds like you have a VERY specific kinda character in mind. Like your not satisfied with regular characters and want more people like negro and Dante. Well in that case no. I don't see them bringing even more half breeds into the picture, any half breeds of regular demons wouldn't be strong enough to do even a fraction of what Dante has done, they'd get killed quickly. Lady only survives because she doesn't go against big demons like the others do. She mainly better at finding the demons and such, bringing harder jobs to Dante. If they made a new half breed he wouldn't be anything like Dante and definitely wouldn't be swinging a sword around or showing the same feat of epicness. Remember the other two are only that strong because they have spardas blood no just because they're half demons.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It sounds like you have a VERY specific kinda character in mind. Like your not satisfied with regular characters and want more people like negro and Dante. Well in that case no. I don't see them bringing even more half breeds into the picture, any half breeds of regular demons wouldn't be strong enough to do even a fraction of what Dante has done, they'd get killed quickly. Lady only survives because she doesn't go against big demons like the others do. She mainly better at finding the demons and such, bringing harder jobs to Dante. If they made a new half breed he wouldn't be anything like Dante and definitely wouldn't be swinging a sword around or showing the same feat of epicness. Remember the other two are only that strong because they have spardas blood no just because they're half demons.

Well you got a better idea on how to bring out new swordmasters to join Dante, Vergil & Nero?

They don't have to be half-breeds anyway. Maybe regular humans who gained certain skills in killing demons. Maybe demons that blend in with human society and have sword skills themselves.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Well you got a better idea on how to bring out new swordmasters to join Dante, Vergil & Nero?

They don't have to be half-breeds anyway. Maybe regular humans who gained certain skills in killing demons. Maybe demons that blend in with human society and have sword skills themselves.
I'm pretty satisfying with Dante nero and Vergil, hell some think nero was even unnecessary. I agree that they need more sides characters, more characters that build on Dante's life when he's not hunting like how the anime had patty and Morrison but I feel they have enough swords men in the vein of Dante, Vergil and Nero, the more character like them you bring in the less special each.
Becomes. The way I see it there are enough half demons and such. The most similar I'd be willing to accept to another character like those 3 is credo, anything more similar than that in any aspect I feel would be redundant. And if there are too many wicked powerful characters like Dante, nero and Vergil the run the risk of being like the saiyans in DBZ where everyone who's not a powerful swordsman like them become useless, as in Trish and lady and Lucia If she ever appears again. Now do you see the problem with just adding more plot specific bada**es instead of just using the ones you have?

Top Bottom