• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Assassin's Creed Set in Japan (rumor)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This guy, who is a historian by trade, is talking about the new Assassin's Creed, which is rumored to be set in Japan. I hope this is true, and I hope you guys like the vid. This guy is really informative and entertaining. Enjoy! :steve:

By the way, the only game in the states that has this type of gameplay and is also set in Japan is Shinobi-do II (from what I can see, anyway) on the PS Vita so, we really need another game like this out on the market.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I don't want this. I don't want an Assassin's Creed set in Japan or Egypt. For me, it just seems predictable; ninjas and assassins or one of the oldest places in the world that we've seen over and over. And no Assassin's Creed set in ancient Rome and Greece; it'd be like playing Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood except with a different character in an earlier time. Maybe no China, Korea, England, France, Spain (already have one with the DS? Assassin's Creed game), Ireland, Scotland, and Germany since they're similar to Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood with Rome and Greece and western Europe or the whole eastern concept of assassins which we have seen time and time again with films and other games.

What I would like to see is an Assassin's Creed game set in Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South America. Other parts of the Middle East could work but at the same time, it could make Assassin's Creed seem more Prince of Persia than its own thing. Russia would sort of be like Assassin's Creed 3 but with more persistent winter. Same thing with Canada. Eastern Europe could work too.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't even care about Assassin's Creed anymore. That series has not done anything worth while for years and Ubisoft is just worried about getting annual releases to milk the AssCreed cash cow. The game shouldn't even be called Assassin's Creed because you sure as hell don't seem to assassinate people anymore. So much tedious bs and AC 3 sucked. The next AC game will just be some glorified expansion of AC 3 Ubisoft will market as a "new" game.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I don't even care about Assassin's Creed anymore. That series has not done anything worth while for years and Ubisoft is just worried about getting annual releases to milk the AssCreed cash cow. The game shouldn't even be called Assassin's Creed because you sure as hell don't seem to assassinate people anymore. So much tedious bs and AC 3 sucked. The next AC game will just be some glorified expansion of AC 3 Ubisoft will market as a "new" game.
As much as I don't like games becoming annual releases, especially when they don't prove they can consistently make good games; they're aren't a lot of parkour or free-running games besides Assassin's Creed that is released every year or so. Mirror's Edge was put on hold. inFamous ended if (Good/canon) Cole is indeed dead. Remember Me is a new game. Uncharted isn't a parkour game, more of an Indiana Jones meets videogames thing. And I guess Tomb Raider is on the same boat as Uncharted, but it is still it's own thing as Uncharted is. Brink flopped hard. Prince of Persia is officially on hold by Ubisoft. Darksiders (mostly 2) is in Limbo. Sleeping Dogs I don't think will be anything like an annual/biannual release, but more like Grand Theft Auto, hopefully.

Dragon's Dogma is not a parkour game, nor is Monster Hunter. No, I don't give a damn if you can leap across a cyclops and onto a ledge, over a tree, and climb a wall - they're not parkour games. Minecraft is not a parkour game no matter how many mods make it appear that way. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword introduced sprinting mechanics, but it's still a traditional platformer and action game. Same with Sly Cooper. And the upcoming Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, possibly both Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III would be similar to Skyward Sword more than a parkour game.

So, if I or anyone wants their virtual parkour or freerunning fix. We'll have to go back to ol' reliable: Assassin's Creed.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
As much as I don't like games becoming annual releases, especially when they don't prove they can consistently make good games; they're aren't a lot of parkour or free-running games besides Assassin's Creed that is released every year or so. Mirror's Edge was put on hold. inFamous ended if (Good/canon) Cole is indeed dead. Remember Me is a new game. Uncharted isn't a parkour game, more of an Indiana Jones meets videogames thing. And I guess Tomb Raider is on the same boat as Uncharted, but it is still it's own thing as Uncharted is. Brink flopped hard. Prince of Persia is officially on hold by Ubisoft. Darksiders (mostly 2) is in Limbo. Sleeping Dogs I don't think will be anything like an annual/biannual release, but more like Grand Theft Auto, hopefully.

Dragon's Dogma is not a parkour game, nor is Monster Hunter. No, I don't give a damn if you can leap across a cyclops and onto a ledge, over a tree, and climb a wall - they're not parkour games. Minecraft is not a parkour game no matter how many mods make it appear that way. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword introduced sprinting mechanics, but it's still a traditional platformer and action game. Same with Sly Cooper. And the upcoming Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, possibly both Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III would be similar to Skyward Sword more than a parkour game.

So, if I or anyone wants their virtual parkour or freerunning fix. We'll have to go back to ol' reliable: Assassin's Creed.

Are we just listen random games?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I don't want this. I don't want an Assassin's Creed set in Japan or Egypt. For me, it just seems predictable; ninjas and assassins or one of the oldest places in the world that we've seen over and over.

Over and over? There is no ninja game that is able to create ninjas accurately(I'm aware of tenchu but i'm not satisfied at that game at all) Also, just because this is set in japan doesn't mean the main char need to be ninja or something. Also if it's the japan timeline, i would rather choose the Meiji revolution than the feudal japan. Now besides shogun 2 or Bushido blade, give me a game that is able to capture the samurai or ninjas accurately?

I'm perfectly fine with a Assassin's Creed japan. But china seems to be a great choice too in my opinion.

assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_7_by_chaoyuanxu-d5236b4.jpg

morning_snow_by_chaoyuanxu-d5e2wkh.jpg

assassin__another_day_by_chaoyuanxu-d5k8yip.jpg

assassin__leap_of_faith_by_chaoyuanxu-d5l8fxq.jpg

assassin__the_incident_of_xuanwu_gate_by_chaoyuanxu-d5qpzj2.jpg

assassin__the_aftermath_by_chaoyuanxu-d5ru7mv.jpg

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Are we just listen random games?
What? Listen random games? Or listing random games? I was just using examples of games with parkour elements.

Over and over? There is no ninja game that is able to create ninjas accurately(I'm aware of tenchu but i'm not satisfied at that game at all) Also, just because this is set in japan doesn't mean the main char need to be ninja or something. Also if it's the japan timeline, i would rather choose the Meiji revolution than the feudal japan. Now besides shogun 2 or Bushido blade, give me a game that is able to capture the samurai or ninjas accurately?

I'm perfectly fine with a Assassin's Creed japan. But china seems to be a great choice too in my opinion.
I'm not targeting ninja only or games that have portrayed ninja in whatever way. What bothers me is that if they go with Japan or eastern Asia in general, Ubisoft will just add to another line of typical assassins of the east despite how accurate they can portray ninja and samurai. And I know Assassins in Assassin's Creed don't necessarily have to be assassins; we have thieves like La Volpe, tacticians like Machiavelli, warriors like Bartolomeo and Mario, informants like Shaun, and tech wizs like Rebecca.

Also, ninja weren't people dressed up in "ninja clothing" that we see often; they were everyday people just like Assassins and Templars were everyday people. Their weapons were improvised and some came from farm tools. So in a sense if Assassin's Creed is set in Japan, the main character is technically a ninja, but moreso of an Assassin. Or Templar if we go that route.

For me, I'd rather see assassins besides the typical Middle Eastern assassin or east Asian assassin. I want to see an assassin from South America, Africa, Australia, Russia, Eastern Europe, Germany, or India. Assassins aren't just sneaky Middle Eastern guys or ninja from Japan. Assassins are anyone from anywhere. They can be guys like Oswald, the people who assassinated Franz Ferdinand, and Claus von Stauffenberg. I just don't like seeing something often used and misinforming others.

Top Bottom