• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Never a main character......

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
what i mean is that you never see a lot of things for a main character like the main guy/character have long hair topic in DMC 5 section....well
what you also don't see as a main character in MANY things ranging from Anime to games or even movies----that thing is a fat guy.....
i'll explain it better here:
well in anime like there's that love story of oh a guy who lives around girls then they end up liking him and he has to choose the one girl he truly is in love with blah blah blah....also for examples there's Girls Bravo, Kanokon, Mahou Sensei Negima, Love Hina, and many many other's anyways
you never see a larger aka a fat guy fall in love like that or they're never in a situation like that,

Also in action games or games that involve action or whatever you never see a big guy as the main character.....everyone's always got to be skinny or muscular....

Same goes for girls, why can't the just be regular girls, instead them flashing everything they have or they're in tiny little costumes....i just think it's stupid and it sucks....but i guess that's how the world works!

Either way one of these days i will make an anime or game or movie that the big guy will fall in love or be in situations like they do with a skinny guy......

well actually have an idea for anime for something like where a fat guy is the main character, you know i have everything planned out and stuff made the 1st 13 episodes but i can't put it on here for 2 reasons 1: you guys probably won't even be interested..................
2 there really is no thread i can put it in....but yeah anyways

what are your guys thoughts about a topic like this...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Very good concept.There are various factors why thin/cool/handsome guys are the main characters and why big/fat/large guys are not.

1.Big/fat/large are not attractive or charming to viewers or players.Only a few notice their own charms,etc.Girls don't usually like those guys.

2.Thin/cool/handsome guys are used to garner fans,viewers,players (especially girls).This also allows video game and anime companies to boost their DVD/Blu Ray sales,or etc.No companies does not want their products to be popular,in demand and etc.For one example,Lelouch from Code Geass anime,or Dante in Devil May Cry series.As far as I know,most girls like these two characters.Who doesn't like handsome,cool,enigmatic,wise guys?

3.Harem animes are not made to gain female viewers,but male viewers.Guys usually like those kind of things,like a lot of girls swarming to one guy.The guy will be either cool.handsome,idiot,slow,and thin.I have not seen any anime with big/fat guys as the main character.

danteonehelluvapartyqx0.jpg

largeanimepaperscanscodon2.jpg

As for girls who wear all those 'flashy and revealing clothes 'in anime or video games,their role are almost the same.

1.To get as many as possible of male viewers,or female viewers.

2.As fan service for guys.Revealing clothes,and partial nudity (or maybe full nudity) are quite popular nowadays in anime and video games.Like Lady in DMC,and Kallen in Code Geass.And tell me,which guys doesn't like sexy and pretty girls?

assaswy9.jpg

119ku3.jpg

As I am big/fat/large guy,so I know this pretty well,but those are my opinion.Can't really blame people for liking those cool guys or girls,as like you said,this is how the world works.No one wants to be big/fat or like unattractive people.

Rep+,for a good thread.your anime story is great too:)

The dark knight

I kinda like that... :lol:
chob101;134469 said:
Same goes for girls, why can't the just be regular girls, instead them flashing everything they have or they're in tiny little costumes....i just think it's stupid and it sucks....but i guess that's how the world works!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This topic is about this "Why is is that it is always slim, tough characters that are the main characters in games, animes, movies, shows and possibly books?"...

I think it's how the world is nowadays. It's completely wrong, but dmc and other things wouldn't be as popular as large people do not appeal to us as main characters.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
here is a strong female character....
05473.jpg

Izumi Curtis from Full Metal Alchemist

mari-izumi.jpg

and this big guy is her husband. Sig Curtis

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Chaos Master;134588 said:
Very good concept.There are various factors why thin/cool/handsome guys are the main characters and why big/fat/large guys are not.

1.Big/fat/large are not attractive or charming to viewers or players.Only a few notice their own charms,etc.Girls don't usually like those guys.

2.Thin/cool/handsome guys are used to garner fans,viewers,players (especially girls).This also allows video game and anime companies to boost their DVD/Blu Ray sales,or etc.No companies does not want their products to be popular,in demand and etc.For one example,Lelouch from Code Geass anime,or Dante in Devil May Cry series.As far as I know,most girls like these two characters.Who doesn't like handsome,cool,enigmatic,wise guys?

3.Harem animes are not made to gain female viewers,but male viewers.Guys usually like those kind of things,like a lot of girls swarming to one guy.The guy will be either cool.handsome,idiot,slow,and thin.I have not seen any anime with big/fat guys as the main character.

danteonehelluvapartyqx0.jpg

largeanimepaperscanscodon2.jpg

As for girls who wear all those 'flashy and revealing clothes 'in anime or video games,their role are almost the same.

1.To get as many as possible of male viewers,or female viewers.

2.As fan service for guys.Revealing clothes,and partial nudity (or maybe full nudity) are quite popular nowadays in anime and video games.Like Lady in DMC,and Kallen in Code Geass.And tell me,which guys doesn't like sexy and pretty girls?

assaswy9.jpg

119ku3.jpg

As I am big/fat/large guy,so I know this pretty well,but those are my opinion.Can't really blame people for liking those cool guys or girls,as like you said,this is how the world works.No one wants to be big/fat or like unattractive people.

Rep+,for a good thread.your anime story is great too:)

thanks man and you are not the only one i'm also a big/fat/large guy
but still yeah it's something else these days.....

Top Bottom